Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
fragmented21

Hey

I'm new here and figured what better place to start posting than the introduction forum, eh?
So, let's get down to business:

1. Hobbies
Well I like to draw (though I can't say doodling is a form of art...), listen to music, play video games, learn/discuss philosophy and psychology, and I am pretty interested in the paranormal.

2. Location
I'm from California, and still living here unfortunately...

3. Favorite Author
Hmm, the only memorable book i've read is House of Leaves, so i'd have to go with Pelafina H. Lièvre.

4. Favorite Movies
They are usually filled with zombies/monsters, the occasional plot twist, and life changing endings...

-Juno (Yes, I tried to make a funny here)
-Donnie Darko
-Silent Hill
-Sweeney Todd
-The Mist
-28 days/weeks later and any zombie film by George Romero.

5. Wedding Song
Honestly, I haven't given much thought to my wedding. I don't plan on getting married anytime soon.

6. Funeral Song
"Don't Fear The Reaper" by The Blue Öyster Cult.

7. Preferable way of dying
I would want to die crying. Not an "ouch that hurts" crying, but a cry that results from a realisation of something. As for how, I don't really care just as long as tears are involved.

8. Casket
Don't really care...

9. Clothing
To be totally honest with you guys and gals, I am a noob when it comes to Goth fashion. I mean, I love the music and how most Goths I know are deep thinkers, but I never grew the balls to wear "gothic" clothing, so I generally wear tight pants(not skintight, but sewed a bit tighter than your average pants), a black/darkblue/dark grey/brown shirt, and my black converse. Now, however, I feel up to it. I have to go slow, though. I can't show up to school one day with eyeliner and the works right? What do you guys think?

10. What I miss about my childhood
Ignorance. Sometimes, it really is bliss, eh? The lack of responsibilites was great too.

11. Favorite Band
I tend to like 1 band for a while, but when I hear another good one, I move on to it (with the former band still in my heart of course). Right now, I am really getting into A Perfect Circle's music. It's so melodious and the lyrics are deep.

12. Education/Major
High School education. I am aiming for a Major in English, but we'll see how that works out.

13. Why did I join
I joined to get to know people with similar interests and tastes as mine, as well as to delve deeper into all that is goth. Out of every other sub-culture i've come across, goth is definitely closer to my interests and personality.

14. Gender
Male. Gay Male™. Although, not stereotypically gay, just gay. Yay.:

So, nice meeting you. If you want to know anything else, feel free to ask. ^^
fragmented21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:24 AM   #2
AngelikDemonik

Welcome. I love APC.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:36 AM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Don't worry about the eyeliner, infact avoid it completely unless you know exactly what you're doing with it. Remember the only difference between eyeliner and a facial tattoo is that eyeliner can be easily removed. We do have a member here who does wonderful work with eyeliner, she goes by the name of honeythorn so look in the picture post thread in the general forum and keep looking around until you find her pictures. As for music I don't know about "A perfect circle" I've heard good things about it from people but never investigated further, but if you want to expand your tastes even futher check out our music forum you may or may not find some new music that you'll like, it's all up to you.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
fragmented21

Thanks for the replies, and for the tip on eyeliner.

AngelikDemonik, do you know if APC has disbanded? I did a search awhile back, but it was inconclusive. I would really like another album to the effect of Thirteenth Step...
fragmented21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #5
Apathy's_Child

Hey dude, welcome to the site.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
AngelikDemonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragmented21
Thanks for the replies, and for the tip on eyeliner.

AngelikDemonik, do you know if APC has disbanded? I did a search awhile back, but it was inconclusive. I would really like another album to the effect of Thirteenth Step...

You know what, I have no idea. According to wiki, they haven't offically disbanded, they just haven't done anything since 2006, sadly.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:47 PM   #7
Bete Noire

They disbanded unfortunately.

Keenan's gone back to Tool and Howerdel just released his solo album |( ASHES dIVIDE)

EDIT:

To the OP.

Welcome. you seem ok.

But....

If you say "deep" once more I'll fuck you with a fishfork

And I mean that in the nicest possible way.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:34 PM   #8
electrosexual

Good morning and welcome to the bords!

Yay another gay ^^ these boards have been grossly misrepresented by the gay community for quite some time.
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote