Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
Deadmanwalking_05

Anyone a fan of Megadeth?

Well we have a Metallica fan thread I figure why not have a Megadeth fan thread.

My favorites are the early albums and the new stuff is good,but it's not the same without David Ellefson on bass.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:39 PM   #2
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05
Anyone a fan of Megadeth?
No, we can actually hear.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:23 PM   #3
Deadmanwalking_05

Didn't Slipknot try to start shit with Gwar?

From what I've been able to find it went something like this.

Warning: this report contains quotes with language and subject matter that is inappropriate for minors. If you a minor or are easily offended, do not proceed.
Gwar's Dave Brockie (stage name: Oderus Urungus) didn’t take to kindly to a recent comment from Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor.

Last month Taylor posted a message on the Stone Sour message board where he said that the next Slipknot album would be the last (see story). In that posting Taylor said the following, “First of all, no one can touch what we did in the ‘KNOT. We accomplished something everyone said we couldn’t do. We put out two of the best albums, in my opinion, of all time. I believe we can do one more album and go out on a high note. But as far as hanging out after we have lost our relevance? NEVER. I got one fucking word for you: GWAR. I will never do that, and I would never let that happen to a band I bled and almost went blind in one eye for, not to mention nearly losing my voice and losing the ability to sing.”

Several online news sources published Taylor’s comments, including antiMUSIC. Gwar’s Dave Brockie wasn’t pleased with Taylor’s comment about Gwar and blasts the Slipknot frontman in a statement posted to his official website.

Here is Brockie’s statement:

Well, Corey, if I may retort, I feel you would be better served keeping your whining trap shut. Every time I read anything you say it is some piss-assed sulky BULLSHIT about how somebody had a fake laminate or how hot your overalls are or how you almost went blind over your band, didn't talk to each other for years or whatever. WAAAAAHHH! Grow up you big baby! We don't care about your rock 'n' roll soap opera, and your self-indulgent hissy-fits dilute and distract from the alleged potency of 'the 'KNOT'. Take a page from DEVO or GWAR and stick with the characters and the image they create. They are much more interesting than you are (which isn't saying much). But how could I doubt someone who has created 'two of the best albums of all time'. I guess you are also the guy who decides who makes the best cheesesteaks or serves the 'greatest slice in town'. My point is that self-annointed praise is bullshit! You are always going on about how great you are — cut it out! Do you think you're Muhammed Ali or what? I can just imagine your embarrassed bandmates eyes rolling behind their masks, as you launch into yet another long-winded and ultimately asinine tirade, the delivery of which has unfortunately become your trademark. No wonder they don't talk to you. And please stop saying 'the KNOT', it sounds stupid, like 'the Nuge', or 'the MAIDEN'. And as far as relevance is concerned, I have one word for you — GWAR. The mere fact that you would link relevance with a word that means nothing underscores your moronic observations as actually being retarded. If you don't believe me, look up GWAR in the dictionary. Cultural events have relevance far longer than their actual occurrence, which means that even your crummy band will have relevance long after you break up, which will hopefully be soon. And GWAR will still be there, leading the insulting reverie, a festering stool on the doorstep of the music industry, unmarred and eternally stinky. It delights me no end that you think GWAR sucks. Maybe you can whine about it some more and we can get some free publicity. You are just too funny. A ninny placed on a podium is a ninny nonetheless. It's too bad that your band is 'eating itself'. You should eat a bowl of dick, maybe that would help. Long after 'the KNOT' has been reduced to a series of protracted legal battles, GWAR will remain an indelible blot on the fabric of our lives, and I will remain a dedicated, obscure, and in my own manner, relevant artist. People will eternally remember you as the scary clowns who had the lead-singer that whined like a little bitch every time he got in print. Maybe you'll think GWAR is relevant when Oderus rams his scaly cock up your ass, that is if you can stop orgasming for five seconds."

Link here.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/03/jan/item3.shtml
Old 09-24-2008, 12:34 AM   #4
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:

Warning: this report contains quotes with language and subject matter that is inappropriate for minors. If you a minor or are easily offended, do not proceed.
Gwar's Dave Brockie (stage name: Oderus Urungus) didn’t take to kindly to a recent comment from Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor.

Last month Taylor posted a message on the Stone Sour message board where he said that the next Slipknot album would be the last (see story). In that posting Taylor said the following, “First of all, no one can touch what we did in the ‘KNOT. We accomplished something everyone said we couldn’t do. We put out two of the best albums, in my opinion, of all time. I believe we can do one more album and go out on a high note. But as far as hanging out after we have lost our relevance? NEVER. I got one fucking word for you: GWAR. I will never do that, and I would never let that happen to a band I bled and almost went blind in one eye for, not to mention nearly losing my voice and losing the ability to sing.”

Several online news sources published Taylor’s comments, including antiMUSIC. Gwar’s Dave Brockie wasn’t pleased with Taylor’s comment about Gwar and blasts the Slipknot frontman in a statement posted to his official website.

Well, Corey, if I may retort, I feel you would be better served keeping your whining trap shut. Every time I read anything you say it is some piss-assed sulky BULLSHIT about how somebody had a fake laminate or how hot your overalls are or how you almost went blind over your band, didn't talk to each other for years or whatever. WAAAAAHHH! Grow up you big baby! We don't care about your rock 'n' roll soap opera, and your self-indulgent hissy-fits dilute and distract from the alleged potency of 'the 'KNOT'. Take a page from DEVO or GWAR and stick with the characters and the image they create. They are much more interesting than you are (which isn't saying much). But how could I doubt someone who has created 'two of the best albums of all time'. I guess you are also the guy who decides who makes the best cheesesteaks or serves the 'greatest slice in town'. My point is that self-annointed praise is bullshit! You are always going on about how great you are — cut it out! Do you think you're Muhammed Ali or what? I can just imagine your embarrassed bandmates eyes rolling behind their masks, as you launch into yet another long-winded and ultimately asinine tirade, the delivery of which has unfortunately become your trademark. No wonder they don't talk to you. And please stop saying 'the KNOT', it sounds stupid, like 'the Nuge', or 'the MAIDEN'. And as far as relevance is concerned, I have one word for you — GWAR. The mere fact that you would link relevance with a word that means nothing underscores your moronic observations as actually being retarded. If you don't believe me, look up GWAR in the dictionary. Cultural events have relevance far longer than their actual occurrence, which means that even your crummy band will have relevance long after you break up, which will hopefully be soon. And GWAR will still be there, leading the insulting reverie, a festering stool on the doorstep of the music industry, unmarred and eternally stinky. It delights me no end that you think GWAR sucks. Maybe you can whine about it some more and we can get some free publicity. You are just too funny. A ninny placed on a podium is a ninny nonetheless. It's too bad that your band is 'eating itself'. You should eat a bowl of dick, maybe that would help. Long after 'the KNOT' has been reduced to a series of protracted legal battles, GWAR will remain an indelible blot on the fabric of our lives, and I will remain a dedicated, obscure, and in my own manner, relevant artist. People will eternally remember you as the scary clowns who had the lead-singer that whined like a little bitch every time he got in print. Maybe you'll think GWAR is relevant when Oderus rams his scaly cock up your ass, that is if you can stop orgasming for five seconds."

Link here.

Yeah, I think Slipknot also got into a fight with Mushroomhead, oh well. Notwithstanding, Megadeth is boring.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

Old 09-24-2008, 12:34 AM   #5
Deadmanwalking_05

But to keep things on topic

Compare Megadeth's Rattlehead with a song from Slipknot.

Just on speed,complex riffs and lyrics.

Rattlehead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcw-zDDks_c

Vs. (Whiney bitch deluxe IMO)

Slipknot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isadr1B5yag
Old 09-24-2008, 12:55 AM   #6
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
But to keep things on topic

Compare Megadeth's Rattlehead with a song from Slipknot.

Just on speed,complex riffs and lyrics.

Rattlehead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcw-zDDks_c

Vs. (Whiney bitch deluxe IMO)

Slipknot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isadr1B5yag
How about posting a better song by Slipknot mate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEEMn5mdnl8

Old 09-24-2008, 01:00 AM   #7
Deadmanwalking_05

And to that I feel the need to respond with.

Holy Wars/The Punishment Due
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l3ZTHmQyAk
Old 09-24-2008, 01:04 AM   #8
Joker_in_the_Pack

Dude a minute into that vid I was bored.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:49 AM   #9
Metabolik

Quote:

Link here.

...Owned...

Anywhoooo, I've never really heard much from Megadeath, but from what I have heard they're ok.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:40 PM   #10
The Antichrist

Quote:
Well we have a Metallica fan thread I figure why not have a Megadeth fan thread.

My favorites are the early albums and the new stuff is good,but it's not the same without David Ellefson on bass.
Yep I'm a fan.
The Antichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #11
viscus

Another Metal thread...*yawn*

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:06 PM   #12
TheBloodEternity

Quote:

Link here.

I don't like GWAR, or Slipknot for that matter, but that was awesome.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #13
Deadmanwalking_05

Just goes to show,Dave Brockie isn't someone to pick a fight with.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #14
Saya

Not really, sounds like a huge overreaction. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was staged to give them more publicity.

I thought I never heard of GWAR until I looked them up just then, then I was like "oh yeah I saw Nardwuar interview them once...." then got confused because I thought they were a joke band.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:07 AM   #15
Deadmanwalking_05

They play some pretty good stuff (Music wise,although the subject matter of their songs shouldn't be taken to heart) and are one of the best shock rock/metal bands around.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:16 AM   #16
Deadmanwalking_05

(This is directed at Antichrist)

Liar

[Music by D.Mustaine / D.Ellefson, lyrics by D.Mustaine]

You take great pride in never having lived up to anything
Lie, steal, cheat, and kill, a real bad guy
Your daddy is a wine, and your mommy's quite insane
From altar boy to sewer rat, you don't give a damn
Your sister is a junkie, get "it" anyway she can
Your brother's a gay singer in a stud leather band
Your girlfriend's got herpes to go with your help and AIDS
There ain't one person you know you ain't ripped off yet

Look deep in the mirror, look deep into its eyes
Your face is replaced, a creature you despise
But I know what you're made of, it ain't much I'm afraid
I know you'll be lying until your dying day

Make up your stories, but truth's so hard to say
Brain is numb and your tongue will surely dig you grave
Your mind is sickly from Alzheimer's disease
And decadence and debauchery killed your memories

You're a liar, liar, liar, everyone can see
You're a liar, liar, liar, it's all you'll ever be
You're a liar, liar, liar, it's what you mean to me
Liar, liar, lies...

Start trouble, spread pain
Piss and venom in your veins
Talk nasty, breathe fire
Smell rotten, you're a liar
Sweat liquor, breathe snot
Eat garbage, spit blood
Diseased, health hazard
Scum bag, fucking bastard
Grease face, teeth decay
Hair matted, drunk all day
Abscessed, sunken veins
Rot gut, scrambled brain
Steal money, crash cars
Rob jewelry, hock guitars
Rot in hell, it's time you know
To your master, off you go

You're a liar
A fucking liar
Filthy liar
You, you, you, you fucking liar!
You're a liar

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:16 AM   #17
JCC

Quote:

Link here.

That was the shittiest own ever. A bunch of homophobic bullshit about how Corey should take it up the ass and eat dick, and some stuff about how GWAR are so bad they're so legendary isn't a particularly good retort. I don't like the whole "YEAH WE ARE THE FUCKING 'KNOT" gimmick either, but damn.

Anyway, I like Megadeth, but I like Slipknot too.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:28 AM   #18
Bete Noire

I prefer slipknot to megadeth, but I'm not a fan of either really.

Megadeth just bore me to be honest, possibly because they've been overplayed in this house by my little brother.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:13 PM   #19
Deadmanwalking_05

Have you tried turning the kid on to other types of music?

Old 10-02-2008, 07:41 AM   #20
The Antichrist

Quote:
(This is directed at Antichrist)

Liar

[Music by D.Mustaine / D.Ellefson, lyrics by D.Mustaine]

You take great pride in never having lived up to anything
Lie, steal, cheat, and kill, a real bad guy
Your daddy is a wine, and your mommy's quite insane
From altar boy to sewer rat, you don't give a damn
Your sister is a junkie, get "it" anyway she can
Your brother's a gay singer in a stud leather band
Your girlfriend's got herpes to go with your help and AIDS
There ain't one person you know you ain't ripped off yet

Look deep in the mirror, look deep into its eyes
Your face is replaced, a creature you despise
But I know what you're made of, it ain't much I'm afraid
I know you'll be lying until your dying day

Make up your stories, but truth's so hard to say
Brain is numb and your tongue will surely dig you grave
Your mind is sickly from Alzheimer's disease
And decadence and debauchery killed your memories

You're a liar, liar, liar, everyone can see
You're a liar, liar, liar, it's all you'll ever be
You're a liar, liar, liar, it's what you mean to me
Liar, liar, lies...

Start trouble, spread pain
Piss and venom in your veins
Talk nasty, breathe fire
Smell rotten, you're a liar
Sweat liquor, breathe snot
Eat garbage, spit blood
Diseased, health hazard
Scum bag, fucking bastard
Grease face, teeth decay
Hair matted, drunk all day
Abscessed, sunken veins
Rot gut, scrambled brain
Steal money, crash cars
Rob jewelry, hock guitars
Rot in hell, it's time you know
To your master, off you go

You're a liar
A fucking liar
Filthy liar
You, you, you, you fucking liar!
You're a liar
Weres the love.

btw right back at ya.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:04 AM   #21
Deadmanwalking_05

The reason I posted this is because you ripped off Pantera's songs and tried to claim them for your own work in the poetry thread,it pissed me off quite frankly.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:09 AM   #22
Deadmanwalking_05

And it's pretty easy to say "It was a joke" after someone catches you up in it.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:34 AM   #23
The Antichrist

Quote:
The reason I posted this is because you ripped off Pantera's songs and tried to claim them for your own work in the poetry thread,it pissed me off quite frankly.
I never claimed that I wrote that.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:36 AM   #24
The Antichrist

Quote:
And it's pretty easy to say "It was a joke" after someone catches you up in it.
From the time i put that on there i knew what i was doing.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #25
Beowulf

Saw Megadeth live ages ago at `Clash Of The Titans` (where they co hedlined with Slayer, and had Testament and Suicidal Tendencies supporting) at Wembley Arena, and they put on a good show (all the bands were awesome that night) !!!.

My favourite song has to `Wake Up Dead` which is a classic !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote