Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
JDeviloM86

Greetings

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I write, sing, play piano, and more then anything else, film. I am 15, I do not yet have a job, but I plan on being a writer.

2. Where are you from?
New York City.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Homer, J. K. Rowling, J. R. R. Tolkien and various other fantasy/fiction writers.

4. What are your favorite films?
Fight Club, Clockwork Orange.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Wedding? You sure? If I were to have a wedding, I would prefer either quiet slow music or loud metal, the metal will never happen, so quiet and slow.

6. At your funeral?
None.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
If I had the choice of how I was going to die, it would be to die saving my best friend. I'm not emo, I'm goth.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Vampire

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Differs greatly, also due to the fact that I am 15 and do not yet have a wardrobe that I like.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
I had the chance to make choices.

11. What's your favorite band?
Marilyn Manson, Classical Music.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Film/Writing.

13. Why did you join?
To see if there are indeed people at all who will understand me and whom share my interests. Do not think of me as a 15 year old, I am far more mature then most people might think.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Male.

Here is the introduction of my choice.

Greetings to all, my name is Joshua, my initials are J. D. M., hence, JDeviloM. I am 15 years old, I love writing, I write on average 4 hours a day, I'm in 12th grade, I have been called popular and most everyone knows my name, however I have no friends in school, and I have only 3 very close friends outside of school, only one of which I would call Goth.
Have I done drugs? Yes.
Have I drank? Yes.
Do I care? No.
I have no clothes that I really like, Black and Green are my favorite colors.
I'm a little short, I can run very fast, I could play football like a pro, I do very rarely play sports though. I write poetry, ideas, books and screenplays.

I have stopped watching TV almost entirely, the News networks are nothing more than popularity contests. Each network says whatever will get them more viewers and therefore more ad generated revenue. I don't blame them though, that's how they put food on their table (or as Bush 43 says: "put food on their family"). Anyone Naive enough to go to the news networks for truthful and impartial reporting is getting what they are asking for.

I am always game for a good philosophical argument, I love proving/disproving things. A prominent interest of mine is the study of mass-movements, cults, and the human mind, I am not the blind obedience type, not now not never. You can always count on me to challenge a system that tries to restrict me. If you can't defend your position logically, don't bother convincing me. It won't work. But I won't try to convince you of mine either.

I believe that life should be lived to the fullest, you only live once and not for very long. What is the use in just surviving? What purpose lies in struggling to fit into a preset living schedule in which your every action is influenced and controlled by people who's only justification for power is that they are a little better than you are at this automated game? Do what you love and don't stop for anything, people who try to hold you back are not on the same plain of existence as you. They will only hurt you in the long run.

Follow your mind (your heart pumps blood), and don't look back, continue, and you'll get there.
I have never been average or mainstream, and never intend to be.
JDeviloM86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:42 PM   #2
Steppenwolf

Except for Manson , you seem to me pretty allright . Gnet has a very interesting Music Forum , but the rest is usually Procrastination Time .
Keep working hard and read all you can get about writing . I'm now working on "the" novel (3 years by now , in my language) and doing Nanowrimo .
Wellcome to gnet , have fun .
Steppenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
JDeviloM86

Well, I don't really listen to Marilyn Manson that much anymore truthfully, he's very stereotypical and most of his songs are copied, but I'm not into Death metal very much, here:

Vivaldi, Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Johann Sebastian Bach, Richard Wagner, Franz Schubert, Niccolo Paganini, Luciano Pavarotti, Maria Callas...

Elvis Presley, Harry Nilsson, Jussi Björling, Phil Ochs, Santana, Simon & Garfunkel, Disturbed, Godsmack, Aerosmith, Billie Holiday, אייל גולן, מיה בוסקילה,
17 Hippies, Binder & Krieglstein, Culcha Candela.

There is the music that I love.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:24 AM   #4
Sanguine Mind

This website will tear you apart and leave you a withered shell of your former self, allow me to start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeviloM86
Have I done drugs? Yes.
Have I drank? Yes.
Do I care? No.

If you don't care that you've done drugs then why did you mention it? You simply want props for being "cool" enough to have done drugs, (Which I doubt) all you've managed to do is make yourself look like a tool.

Go back to Vampirefreaks
Sanguine Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:28 AM   #5
gothicusmaximus

Wow, Sanguine Mind. I was considering making fun of this guy, but you did such a poor job of it that no one, not even I, can direct even mildest gibe in his direction without immediately becoming horribly pathetic through tenuous association with that painfully moronic diatribe you just posted.
You realize you devoted a substantial portion of your raving to harassing this guy for calling himself emo, when he actually posted, clear as the very quintessence of clarity, "I'm not emo"? Idiot.

JDevilo, you seem like you could be cool if you stopped taking yourself so seriously and expecting people to be shocked by your pedestrian life and unspectacular personality. Don't worry about what Sanguine Mind said, you're already leagues better than he is.

EDIT: Sanguine Mind edited his post because he realized what an imbecile he was. I will leave this post here as a testament to his retracted stupidity.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:29 AM   #6
Sanguine Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Wow, Sanguine Mind. I was considering making fun of this guy, but you did such a poor job of it that no one, not even I, can direct even mildest gibe in his direction without immediately becoming horribly pathetic through tenuous association with that painfully moronic diatribe you just posted.
You realize you devoted a substantial portion of your raving to harassing this guy for calling himself emo, when he actually posted, clear as the very quintessence of clarity, "I'm not emo"? Idiot.

JDevilo, you seem like you could be cool if you stopped taking yourself so seriously and expecting people to be shocked by your pedestrian life and unspectacular personality. Don't worry about what Sanguine Mind said, you're already leagues better than he is.
What are you talking about?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:31 AM   #7
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguine Mind
Making believe you didn't change your post to back-pedal?
That's low, even for a little bitch who wants to be a bully and fails. Just own up.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:34 AM   #8
jack_the_knife

Quote:
That rant that you posted dissecting each of his answers, claiming your taste in music was far superior to his. Few users saw it but it still made you look like rather silly, better luck next time.

Oh, and JDeviloM86, welcome to the boards, I like your taste in classical music.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:18 AM   #9
Sanguine Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
That rant that you posted dissecting each of his answers, claiming your taste in music was far superior to his. Few users saw it but it still made you look like rather silly, better luck next time.

Oh, and JDeviloM86, welcome to the boards, I like your taste in classical music.
Ok I admit it, I wrote a bunch of wierd crap, I hate to admit it but I'm Bipolar, so I guess I lashed out at Jdevil, anyway I'd like to apologize and say welcome to the forums, but the thing about them leaving you a withered shell is true it already happened to me.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:45 AM   #10
JDeviloM86

I posted that I have done drugs so I'm not questioned as to whether I have done drugs, anyways, thank you for the welcomes, and gothicusmaximus, my typing makes me look like a serious guy since I type with periods and commas and whatever, but I'm not too serious, so don't worry about it.
Also, Sanguine, I have no clue as to what you said, but obviously it was retarded, I forgive you.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:13 AM   #11
maromi12d3

welcome!!! You'll encounter meanies along the way here. Because god forbid anyone be mean to me or anyone else! XD
maromi12d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #12
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #13
Sanguine Mind

Quote:
I posted that I have done drugs so I'm not questioned as to whether I have done drugs, anyways, thank you for the welcomes, and gothicusmaximus, my typing makes me look like a serious guy since I type with periods and commas and whatever, but I'm not too serious, so don't worry about it.
Also, Sanguine, I have no clue as to what you said, but obviously it was retarded, I forgive you.
T'was indeed very retarded.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:39 PM   #14
Draconysius

Quote:
I'm goth.
No, you're not.
Quote:
Marilyn Manson
This is why.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:10 PM   #15
JDeviloM86

Quote:
Well, I don't really listen to Marilyn Manson that much anymore truthfully, he's very stereotypical and most of his songs are copied
Read carefully.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #16
gothicusmaximus

I think what Drac is trying to indicate is that you didn't list any goth bands.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #17
JCC

Quote:
Ok I admit it, I wrote a bunch of wierd crap, I hate to admit it but I'm Bipolar, so I guess I lashed out at Jdevil, anyway I'd like to apologize and say welcome to the forums, but the thing about them leaving you a withered shell is true it already happened to me.
I'm not bipolar.

That leaves me apparently in a minority nowadays.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:39 PM   #18
gothicusmaximus

Get out of here, you unipolar jackass.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #19
JDeviloM86

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
I think what Drac is trying to indicate is that you didn't list any goth bands.
ahh, Well, I'm a fan of Sisters of Mercy and Bauhaus, Nightwish, Ensiferum ...
Old 11-18-2008, 06:00 PM   #20
Sanguine Mind

Quote:
ahh, Well, I'm a fan of Sisters of Mercy and Bauhaus, Nightwish, Ensiferum ...
Nightwish and Ensiferum aren't goth...
Old 11-22-2008, 05:35 PM   #21
biohazard

Welcome to Gnet, although I don't share your views when it comes to alcohol and drugs.