Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
Isabella De Coffin

Isabella De Coffin saying hello.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Let's see, I have a business and hobby of making jewelry, particularly dark jewelry, that I sell on Etsy. I like to find the spooky and the feminine down thru history, although my favorite era is actually the 1950's, since I have always had an affinity for the Clue game character Miss Scarlett.
I'm planning a garnet choker to be made soon that will be known as Madame Guillotine.

Other things I enjoy doing are genealogy, reading, and amateur astronomy. I also have a gazillion pets right now.

2. Where are you from?
I'm from the Central Valley of California. There are very few goths or dark types where I've lived, so I've always stuck out like a sore thumb.

3. Who is your favorite author?
I'm avid reader, so sometimes things can really change up, but I have always loved Sylvia Plath.

4. What are your favorite films?
I love older horror films, the newest ones having been made in the early 60's dating back to the earliest films. Some of my favs include the original Dracula, Nosferatu, Vampyr: Der Traum De Allan Grey, any of the old mummy flicks, Frankenstein, you name it.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I'd like Mozart's Symphony 40 to be played at my wedding. It's lovely and melancholy, perfect for slow dances.

6. At your funeral?
At my funeral, I'd like to have Metallica's instrumental Orion played. There's something very deep and etheral about the song.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Preferably peacefully in my sleep. I've had a lot of turmoil in my life and would rather go out gently.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Casket...hmm, I'd like it to be either black and red, or a nice rich purple. Something that no one else being put six feet under that week would have or would want.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
When I was younger I prefered black jeans, black band t-shirt, etc. but now that I'm older, I prefer a nice black blouse with a black or dark pair of jeans or skirt, and my pearls or vintage jewelry. And I have to wear red lipstick.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Well, not much. I'm glad to be an adult now. But I miss the backyard I had as a child with all of it's fruit trees and plants, and little pond, and the black kitty I had at the time named Thomas.

11. What's your favorite band?
I discovered goth bands as I got a little older but my first love was heavy metal, so my favorite band in general is still Megadeth. Favorite goth band would be Bauhaus.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I've been plugging away at a community college for years. One of these days I will graduate! I'm an Art and Business double major there.

13. Why did you join?
I joined because I'd like the opportunity to talk to and befriend others of a darker persuasion and mindset. There aren't that many of us here in my offline life.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Female
Bonus factoid: My actual name is Annaleigh (you can call me either Annaleigh or Isabella, whichever suits your fancy), and my user name is a combination of Coffin, which is an actual surname, and Isabella, which I chose in honor of two of my ancestors who were queens of England, Isabella of Angouleme and Isabella of France.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone, and I hope this wasn't too long!
Isabella De Coffin is offline   Reply With Quote