Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:14 AM   #1
horrorgirl

Vampirefreaks murder case...

I didn’t know exactly where to put this, but since it’s news I thought it would be okay to put it here.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories

Apparently a 23 year old pedophile met a 12 year old on Vampirefreaks, and together they killed her entire family. Vampirefreaks is not being put into the spotlight as a ‘goth’ website, which is pretty funny consdering that almost all of the angsty members claim not to be ‘goth’. That website has always annoyed me and it’s owner is a total idiot. I am all for freedom of speech,etc.., but that site is not monitored well enough. Girls post half naked pictures of themselves all of the time there, and there are people who spout racist and anti-gay remarks. I can honestly say that I have never met a person who thinks that site is ‘goth’. Rather it is a place where angsty teens gather and complain about how their parents make them clean the room.

http://www.vampirefreaks.com/

That is the link in which you will see the owner, Jet, say that the media is blaming the site for the murders because the members don’t fit into their ‘cookie cutter’ world. Doesn’t that sound like something a 15 year old would write? The guy is in his mid 20's. HA! I would have to say that it is easy for the media to blame the site after browsing it because a lot of the entries are about members hating people and about how nobody understands them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-349030c.html

Yet another new case involving the site. A 23 year old ped previously ***** a 16 year old girl that he met on the site. He got caught trying to lure what he thought was a 13 year old to a cemetery. Instead the 13 year old turned out to be an undercover cop.

So that means that the authorities are not watching the site. Yet the same behaviour on it is taking place. I know this sounds mean but I would really love to see that site get shut down.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:02 AM   #2
horrorgirl

EDIT: I meant that Vampirefreaks is NOW being put in the spotlight. Damn typos.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
Mistress-Liriel

This is exactly why I never wanted to be labeled as Goth. That site just clinches the fact that most of this young 'Goth' culture is a fallacy, sucking the good, honorable qualities from true Goths. I hope they get shut down too. They need to have some accountability in their actions and what they want to preach. They aren't being spotlighted because they 'don't fit' into society. They are giving kids with obvious mental problems a forum and green light to exhibit violent, sociopathic tendencies. Bravo! That's how you 'stick it to the man', alright.
Mistress-Liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:41 AM   #4
horrorgirl

The place makes my skin crawl.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:02 AM   #5
horrorgirl

UGH!!!!!! Cannibalism? Christ!

It's funny, I am arguing with Vampirfreaks members on another site and they are saying 'poor us...poor us'. While all the while that entire site perpetuates the manistream media's 'goth' stereotypes. I am taking no pity on the members of that site at all. They are bringing the attention on themselves by acting like immature idiots.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:06 AM   #6
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress-Liriel
This is exactly why I never wanted to be labeled as Goth. That site just clinches the fact that most of this young 'Goth' culture is a fallacy, sucking the good, honorable qualities from true Goths. I hope they get shut down too. They need to have some accountability in their actions and what they want to preach. They aren't being spotlighted because they 'don't fit' into society. They are giving kids with obvious mental problems a forum and green light to exhibit violent, sociopathic tendencies. Bravo! That's how you 'stick it to the man', alright.
That's exactly how I feel about it. *nods head*

Old 04-28-2006, 10:24 AM   #7
horrorgirl

I think it's a combination of the parents and that website. The parents didn't seem to get involved enough in their child's life, while the website influenced her to 'turn goth'. The girl apparently started calling herself 'goth' after she joined the site.People on it perpetuate the stereotypes that the mainstream media calls goth. A lot of the members influence other members in their behaviour, and encourage others to act angsty. A lot of kids these days seem to be easily influenced and that is part of the problem. If the website was moderated then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:32 AM   #8
horrorgirl

Here is a typical response by a Vampirfreaks member about what has happened. I got it from the site itself:

QUOTE:

hey dude, don't sweat it. they have to blame everyone for something except themselves. Its called" self rigtheousness and this country is full of it. i went to talk on my other sites like "myspace.com and some others, but i have to tell u, even though there are nutty people on all sites, one thing i love and missed MOST about Vampirefreaks after a month or so, is how much more REAL and HONEST people r on here. not just the girls but people in general r themselves for the most part. the other sites are full of people who are so disingeniuous, that its a real turn off. talking to them is NOTHING like talking to the friends i have on here. And boy did i MISS them once i saw how shallow and PHONY they were on the other sites. ur site ROCKS FAR above the rest and it will always be my FIRST and favorite site. Just wanted to tell u that becuase u have an AWESOME site here and those of us on here are the most UNhypocritical people u'll ever find.

The same people who call the site evil, are the same people who drive drunk, take drugs and abuse kids and their religious authorit. SO, i would'nt give a second thought to their critism. Some of the biggest crimes going on are done in the name of their religions. you have 500,000 members here so you must be doing something right, and i think its the fact that we can come here and still be ourselves instead of trying to be something we're not like u have to be in order chat on those other less and inferior websites.

So, dont let it get u down, Vampirefreaks ROCKS and so do the people, later and take care.

END QUOTE

So everybody on Vampirefreaks is 'real' and 'honest'? HA! Most of the kids on there don't know who they hell they are so how is that 'real'? So, because I don't like the site I must be a drunk driver and a child abuser? Nice logic there kid! Be yourselves? Most of them don't have a clue as to who they are and that is why they latch on to every trend that comes along.

Please do the world a favor kid and off yourself because the world will NEVER understand your pain! *rolls eyes*

Old 04-28-2006, 10:46 AM   #9
horrorgirl

If I go and comment on there I will end up wanting to bash my head against a wall. There are Christians going into there and telling the members that they must turn away from the 'dark side'. Funny stuff!

Old 04-28-2006, 11:04 AM   #10
horrorgirl

Another funny quote made by a member there:

the press and everyone who thinks that VF is evil can go to hell! some people are just scared of what they dont understand!

HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-2006, 11:10 AM   #11
horrorgirl

Last quote. I promise!!!!!! This one is the best one yet.

QUOTE:

man if u ask me fuck the media if they got a problem let us fight them(fist fight no guns) we will kick there ass we are alot stronger than any one we are the future of this world and if they dont like it they sould go fuck them selfs if you ask me if we can put up with being ridiculed our whole life we can take any thing we may be a litle fucked up as most people say we have a right to be cause weve put up with alot of shit so far ive been ridiculed my whole life fourteen fucken years ive put up with this crap i think we sould take over the media all of our music and writings are from our life storys rise up and beat this media our stength is god compared to there's we could beat them easy our retaliation will change the world cause if every one was put threw the kind of pain we have gon threw most of our population will die the ones who servive suicidal depretion are strong and the people who die are weak most people have nothing to worry about but us our life is bad but we can handle it most people think that if they were in our situation that they will not have ideas of killing them selfs but if we put them in that position will they survive no cause they are weak they have never felt the pain we have gon threw and if they felt this pain they will kill them selfs the survivers are strong the others are weak the people who dont under stand now will never under stand there is no way they will ever feel the pain we went threw our retaliation will show the world that we are stronger than they are and if they say other wise they are stupid our retaliation will tell the world that we are people with problems that most wont understand but we will tell them any way our life will get beter if we retaliate one weight will be lifted and we will be closer to gaining happiness so we will atack the media our damands are simple tell every one to suck it up and move on and understand us not to not understand us we shal be trumphant!!!!
wats worth living for? many people ask themselfs that question everyday me i used to but now my life has turned arouned and i cant complain cause i have a wonderfull girlfriend and amazin friends if im in trouble i kno there gonna be right behind me.

END QUOTE

Words cannot describe the sheer stupidity of that post.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:23 AM   #12
tenet_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel29
Such bullshit. At least there was a counter article that was good and said that they SHOULD NOT link this to the subculture... and it wasn't a stabbing... it was cannibalism.

Yummy.

Pass me some of Mom.
Eat Hufu!

It's the healthy human flesh alternative!

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:18 PM   #13
horrorgirl

The 12 year old girl's Vampirefreaks account page:
http://vampirefreaks.com/profile.php...iller-kitty-x-

I can't beleive that they haven't taken it down yet.

The 23 year old's profile:
http://vampirefreaks.com/u/souleater52

Old 04-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #14
Idoru

I stared talking to Jet online about 5 years ago.

We fell out of touch before Vempirefreaks became a big deal. He used to run a small website showcasing poetry and gothic art. He appeared to be a very supportive and genuine guy. When i went to the states the last time 4 and 1/2 years ago and it all went as bit wrong he tried to help me out.

I haven't spoken to him in years, but he used to be such a cool bloke. I suppose people change. Glad i never joined up to his site now. I heard it was like a mini-goth myspace?

It is sad our culture gets associated with these horrific acts. No subculture has had a shortage of evil sociopathic, homocidal, pedophilic creeps associated to it, but why do goths seem to bear the brunt of the media attention? Maybe because we are the biggest subculture on the 'net and they are convinced the world wide web is the sorce of all evil these days...
Idoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:58 PM   #15
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoru
I stared talking to Jet online about 5 years ago.

We fell out of touch before Vempirefreaks became a big deal. He used to run a small website showcasing poetry and gothic art. He appeared to be a very supportive and genuine guy. When i went to the states the last time 4 and 1/2 years ago and it all went as bit wrong he tried to help me out.

I haven't spoken to him in years, but he used to be such a cool bloke. I suppose people change. Glad i never joined up to his site now. I heard it was like a mini-goth myspace?

It is sad our culture gets associated with these horrific acts. No subculture has had a shortage of evil sociopathic, homocidal, pedophilic creeps associated to it, but why do goths seem to bear the brunt of the media attention? Maybe because we are the biggest subculture on the 'net and they are convinced the world wide web is the sorce of all evil these days...
I have had several run-ins in the past with Jet online. He basically said in a *********** community that his club night was the gothiest of the goth, so I and others called him on his ego and the fact that most of his club attendants are Vampirefreaks members who happen to be under 21. He got pissed,called us profanities and said that we were jealous of his success. Then he started to make internet threats, which was really hillarious! The guy acts like an angsty teen. I wish I would have saved what he wrote because it was priceless! NOBODY that I have ever known in the goth subculture, or online for that matter, takes him seriously.

The site is full of angsty teens who think that they are all individuals, when in fact they are all the same. Basically they are all stereotypes of the subcultures that they are trying to fit into. I dropped out of the subculture partially because of idiots like them taking it over.

Old 04-28-2006, 05:30 PM   #16
Mistress-Liriel

I am still in awe of this. And someone was posting on there that people should shut up since others don't know the whole story. I don't care how you spin it, they killed three people. It doesn't matter who talked who into what (and I laugh at any 20-something that gets talked into something by a 12-year old), or what condiments they used for seasoning, or how awful they (the parents) supposedly were. Her young brother was killed too. What could he have possibly done that was so awful? I don't care if her parents beat her, or told her she wasn't allowed to date her miscreant, tool of a boyfriend. There is NO EXCUSE for that, and they deserve the full sentence allowed, and so do their ignorant Vampirefreaks buddies that support them.

Ah. I feel a little better now.
Mistress-Liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:10 PM   #17
Godslayer Jillian

Where does it say she cannibalized them? (or however that's said)
I think I missed that part.

But, anyway, I wouldn't speak bad about VampireFreaks. Sure, it needs to be monitored more securely, but it's not like VampireFreaks made her do that. If you read the comments, you'll see no one obviously likes the fact that she commited murder.
I don't like VampireFreaks either, but we cannot attack them for this one incident. I bet we get the same amount of whiny kids over here; the only difference is that, over there, they stay.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:29 PM   #18
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Where does it say she cannibalized them? (or however that's said)
I think I missed that part.

But, anyway, I wouldn't speak bad about VampireFreaks. Sure, it needs to be monitored more securely, but it's not like VampireFreaks made her do that. If you read the comments, you'll see no one obviously likes the fact that she committed murder.
I don't like VampireFreaks either, but we cannot attack them for this one incident. I bet we get the same amount of whiny kids over here; the only difference is that, over there, they stay.
The reason why there aren't any people on this board who are like the majority of people on Vampirefreaks is because this site is moderated decently. I honestly can't believe some of the things that people say on that site. They actually have a thread right now in their forums that says Happy 4/20. A whole thread dedicated to celebrating the anniversary of Columbine and Hitler's birthday. I have a really open mind, but I find things like that disturbing. They have threads like that on their site and yet they are complaining that people are making wrong judgements about them. What kind of judgement are you supposed to make about a site that allows things like that to go on?

I am not blaming the murder entirely on the website. HOWEVER, that website is a place that fosters a certain type of behavior. A type of behavior that undoubtedly helped the girl and her pedophile boyfriend's plan grow into fruition. Complain about how your parents suck? Mention knifing them and nobody will bat a lash. In fact the pedophile posted in a friend’s profile that he was going to kill the girl’s parents. The post was visible to all for a whole day and NOBODY reported it.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:06 PM   #19
horrorgirl

I forgot to add that 420 is also a codeword for a certain drug.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:52 PM   #20
Demonista_Ravenesque

Um...

I think this might be the right time to shut down my VF account.

That's some scary shit.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:56 PM   #21
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel29
Jillian... for the nth time... I LIVE HERE! They said it was an "alleged" Stabbing.

How the fuck do you allegedly stab someone... It's bullshit and media coverup.

It's like saying a politician was assasinated. No, they were MURDERED, just like every other Joe Schmo.
Umm... I think I'm not as good in english as I thought I was.
I don't know what's wrong with "alleged stabbing" (don't know what alleged means, actually) and I don't know the difference between assassinated and murdered.
O_o

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:49 AM   #22
AbelTheLiar

I just deleted my account as that is waaaaaayyyyyyyy fucked up. And the people are fucking stupid. I only went on because Blood was on there, I went and messaged them about that by the way, but after a few comments they turned out very poser. Wow, humans are truly bizarre.
AbelTheLiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:05 AM   #23
liquid_dreams

I just signed up, and i agree VF is a creepy site, i have always been warned by my friends to steer cleer of thr whole thing, they said that some sickening stuff happens there. But i never in a million years something this horrendous would happen. The people on that site are probably just kids who cant take the ridicule that comes part and parcel of being "goth" there's a word for people like that: Emo
liquid_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:21 AM   #24
AbelTheLiar

Hehe, no shit. ^_^v
AbelTheLiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:36 AM   #25
bunnicula

That is fucked up, but this is funny:
(quote from VF member)
My theory on why the dinosaurs died is because god was sick of them, so then he made us...now we are going to be wiped out soon. Please don't critize this bwecause it is what I believe.
~In the heat of the fire that covers hell, I am protected by the light that leads the way out~
bunnicula is offline   Reply With Quote