Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 12-15-2006, 02:41 PM   #1
Boots

Biohazard/Resident Evil

Yes. I know. There was another topic, but it was so idiotic I couldn't bring myself to post in it. It hurt my brain.

ANYWAY! Who's a fan of the series? Not the movies. The Games. The movies were awful.

I myself am a big fan, probably one of the biggest. If you guys want to know somethin about any of the games/movies, go ahead and ask. And, "Why does Resident Evil Suck?" Is not a legitimate question.

((And Sadly, they're making two more RE movies -.-))
Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:51 PM   #2
deathbecomesme

I love Resident Evil: Code Veronica on the Sega Dreamcast, not on the PS2. The one on the PS2 was a horrible porting of the game to a new console, horrible camera and controls. Resident Evil is one of the best game genre's, in fact Resident Evil: Code Veronica was the first game i ever bought for a game system.
...the costume without the brain."
--Peter Murphy
deathbecomesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
Boots

Resident Evil 2 was mine; and I've got 4 different copies of it now.
3 copies of RE1 as well.

I've beaten nearly each RE game..

I'm a bit of a dork, lol.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:18 PM   #4
deathbecomesme

i have beaten every RE Game, and watched both movies, which sucks totaly they should have actually followed the games.
--Peter Murphy
Old 12-15-2006, 04:05 PM   #5
Boots

Ever beat RE: Gaiden for the Game Boy Color?

I downloaded it, I wasn't wasting 25 dollars buying it.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:07 PM   #6
deathbecomesme

nah i have never played any of the RE games on the Handhelds, i meant i beat all the Console RE's
--Peter Murphy
Old 12-17-2006, 02:00 AM   #7
Child_of_Fury

I've got RE 1 - 3. My definite fave is the second one, since it's relatively difficult and looks already nasty. RE1 (not the Remake, though I'd love to try it out) is the most difficult RE and by far the scariest - don't know why. But the graphics and voice acting are what they were at that time. RE3's only good thing is Nemesis. Otherwise, thumbs down. Too short, too easy.

I always get a lot of inspiration from Resident Evils. Capcom truly hit the gold mine when they created the genre of horror-survival-adventure.
Child_of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:38 AM   #8
Boots

RE2 Isn't relitavely difficult then it is fun for me anymore. I can beat RE2, Leon's A game, in under an hour and a half; no saves.

Get a chance to get the RE1 Remake, RE0 is pretty bad, RE4 is fantastically awesome. In he Remake, if you do not blow the zombies head off, blow the zombies leg off (yes you can do that) blow the zombie UP, or BURN it (It's on the floor and you get a canteen of lighter fluid, a full canteen burns 2 bodies) the Zombies come back as "Crimson Heads", It's like the stage between a zombie and a licker.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:04 PM   #9
Child_of_Fury

So I've heard, and even seen. I was watching a friend of mine playing the Remake, and after he had shot one zombie down, I told him to hurry up (since I wanted to see that new girl in game, Lisa Trevor). The friend just shrugged and said okay, leaving the place, and boy, when he came back... one might say I was surprised, yet that'd be an understatement.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:32 AM   #10
GirlsNotMe

Man, I love the Resident Evil series. I've played all aspects of the games with the exception of Nemesis, which I was warned against, but I'm thinking of getting it anyway once it shows up in the bargain bin at my local game retailer. I personally find the original game with the terrible voice acting to be one of the most endearing in the series.

"Jill sandwich."

True fans know what I'm talking about. In any case, I felt all of the games in the main series stream (1, 2, 3, Veronica, 4, Zero) were excellently solid, which is rare for a game series to be consistantly good, at least for its time period.

Thumbs up, Resident Evil. Thumbs up.

Also, on the topic of the movies: Plot = bad, but Milla Jovovich = hot, so I still own both...I'm so ashamed.

-GNM
GirlsNotMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:50 AM   #11
Pyre

I tried playing Resident Evil 2, but I am a really skittish person. As a child it took me awhile to get used to Diablo 1. That's how bad I am. But yeah, I can't play a game that has zombies appearing out of nowhere to eat me. . . My brother can simply stand behind excess walling and scare the bejeebus out of me. Zombies are a no-no.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:12 PM   #12
Boots

Aw, but it's so fun! Anyone got a speed record?

Mine was in RE2, Leons A Game

1:26:32, 0 Saves.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:30 AM   #13
Child_of_Fury

I only race against time when I'm unlocking things in RE. I just enjoy the thrilling, take my time and let the monsters savour their deaths, mwa-ha-ha.

I even defeated Nemesis in RE3 with a hand gun. Not a big deal, actually, but very amusing. If you already haven't done it, I suggest you at least try it out. It was hilarious.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:49 AM   #14
Boots

You can Knife him too. Pretty easily. Since I'm geussing they used the same Tyrant animations (Being altered each game mind you) Each Tyrant is, left handed. Keep running around their right hand with a knife while avoiding their punches, spinning Nemmy in acircle constantly. I've seen it done to the Tyrant, Mr. X and Nemesis.

Very Amusing.