Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: kill self?
yea 6 15.38%
no 19 48.72%
always posible 10 25.64%
never ending though, but havent had the time to do it yet 4 10.26%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2004, 06:29 PM   #1
weEd-0n-WheElz

killing self for hw

do u think its a good idea?
weEd-0n-WheElz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 06:40 PM   #2
Darkness_Of_The_Night

Um. I need to know this before I say what I think about it being a good idea or not. Are you saying you are going to kill yourself because you dont want to do the homework but you have to or because you are doing you homework so you can get a good grade and that its killing you because theres to much.
Darkness_Of_The_Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:56 AM   #3
Giga

If there is no other way then... its acceptable.

However, unless there is a really good reason, I'm against suicide. The worst sin is to commit a suicide out of sheer stupidity a.k.a for a banal reason.
Giga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 05:22 AM   #4
MorganScorpion

Tried it twice, failed and glad to have done so.

Suicide: permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Having said that - if I found out that I had Alzheimers......
MorganScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 06:03 AM   #5
Maimy

The way it reads, it sounds more like suicide is the acutal homework assignment. "For homework" - like "I have six geometry problems, an essay on Dante, and two chapters to read in History for homework."

In which case, I still recommend my fallback method: Shoot yourself in the neck (NOT in the head or the mouth - but right through the spine).
Old 03-30-2004, 11:38 AM   #6
Takhisis

I'm boggling over the concept of "I want to kill myself but I don't have time." I mean, it's not as if you'll have to do the things you put off, at least not if you succeed. "Okay, I have to go to the store, deposit my paycheck, die, then take the cat to the vet, do laundry..."

I suppose I can understand wanting to die but not feeling allowed to because you have responsibilities. I've felt like that in the past. But they're not things that would go away so that I'd "have time" to get around to it. It's just a bizarre concept to think of someone penciling "suicide" into their Day-Timer a few weeks hence, to make room for a staff meeting and a dentist's appointment.
Takhisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 12:34 PM   #7
Gypsy2222

...."Go to the dentist, check on thedamn coffin yet again!!... (are they ever goingto get the order right?), Make sure the wills in order, get that liposuction done.... (got to look good at my funeral!) stop by the drug store for the poison to OD on and then... Die... (at least if something else doesn't come up first yet again!!!)..... *Laugh*....

Now that's a day-planner.... *smile*....

However... I see it as a possibility for some inane human to actually do this... after all, we are talking about the race that seems willing to do anything for sex and self destruction....(i.e. A guy rents a whore for crack then beat up said whore to steal the crack, smoke it, and just as the guy's heart bursts from said crack, the whores' pimp busts in and puts a bullet between the mans eyes.... actually happened)..... Humans.... sick.....

Ever,
~The Gypsy~
Old 03-30-2004, 06:59 PM   #8
weEd-0n-WheElz

i meant holloween..... but hey if u wanna kill urself over homework thats fine with me.........
and its a questions. i never said i'll kill myself...
weEd-0n-WheElz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:10 PM   #9
Takhisis

*blink* Now I'm even more confused. Why would someone kill themselves for Halloween? The only reason I can think of is if you were going to do it anyway and wanted to play a really twisted joke on everyone, like doing it on your front porch and all the kids think it's a fake corpse, until the next day... *chuckle*

Amusing as the thought is, I can't really see anyone doing it.
Takhisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:40 AM   #10
Giga

Quote:
WTF?!

I understand that someone fails once, but... twice?!

What the hell went wrong?
Old 03-31-2004, 08:19 AM   #11
MrMaelstrom

Is there a point to this thread?

Weed on wheels, read the fucking "FOR THE NEWBIES" thread and comply with what's in there or get the fuck out.

Another fucking moron who can't write, or make himself understood. Where do these idiots come from?
Old 03-31-2004, 01:40 PM   #12
MorganScorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga
Quote:
WTF?!

I understand that someone fails once, but... twice?!

What the hell went wrong?
The first time I thought the tablets I od'd on were phenobarbitol, but in fact they were librium. So I slept for quite a while.

The second time I tried to jump from a high place, thinking that my desire to die was stronger than my fear of heights. I was wrong, whilst I was sitting on the edge of the bridge trying to get the courage to either jump or get back to the safe side, someone pulled me back.

After that, I stayed alive for a while simply beacuse I couldn't face the humiliation of failure. After a while, I stayed alive just because I wanted to.

The second attempt was because the boy I loved was two-timing me. As it turned out, he had TWO women on the side. He married one of them, and later was known to be beating her up, taking her money whilst not working himself, and still screwing around. Talk about not being worth it!
MorganScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:06 PM   #13
Manimal

there's a lesson to be learned there somewhere...
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:12 PM   #14
gOthIque_cHickZ

LOL@!!!!!! kiling ur self !!!! LOL!!!!! i wich i copddl kil my self!!! LOL that d be funny!@!!!!! LOL !!!!
gOthIque_cHickZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 05:35 AM   #15
Giga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganScorpion
The second attempt was because the boy I loved was two-timing me. As it turned out, he had TWO women on the side. He married one of them, and later was known to be beating her up, taking her money whilst not working himself, and still screwing around. Talk about not being worth it!
No! Never, that is one reason a person should never commit a suicide for. If you kill yourself, you do it because of yourself, never because another person made you feel miserable.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:42 PM   #16
WolfMoon

If you're serious about it,take secretboy's advice:Across to the hospital,down to the morgue.And don't foget to sit in a hot bath so that it doesn't take more than an hour.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 11:34 PM   #17
psyche

You do realize that there's gonna be a make-up test...right?
"Focus your attention on the link between you and your death, without remorse or sadness or worrying. Let each of your acts be your last battle on earth. Only under those conditions will your acts have thier rightful power." ~Don Juan
psyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 03:01 AM   #18
evelynne

I'm absolutely with Giga on this one. A cheating boy is just about the last reason to kill yourself. Kill him, by all means, but never resort to self-destructive acts over the stupidity of others. Life is wasted on so many, it should never be taken from those who deserve it.
evelynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 04:08 AM   #19
Disfunction

Damn, this site is so friendly when it's logging you in... Off topic, however...

From my very limited experience with suicide, rarely is there ever a reason that's valid enough to justify the act. I mean, I've attempted with the pills, and debated jumping off of a high place while sitting on the roof of my house, then there's the train tracks, and various other things. I always keep coming back to the point that it's always something outside of the individual that triggers the desire, with the exception of some things like depression.

That said, even if it is depression, that is something that is relatively easily treated, even for those that refuse to go on anti-depressants (I don't like them because it hinders my creative ability and makes my writing somewhere along the lines of JK Rowling (I'm sorry if you'rea fan... not if I offended you, but because you're a fan)).

But as I just got way off topic there, my basic opinion is no, you shouldn't kill yourself, but since I have a habit of slipping in and out of my dark place and feeling the lure of the blade, the pills, the bathtub full of water and the toaster just for the cliche... I don't honestly think I'm one to talk.

Here I am, not dead. So I guess I'm just saying, it's not worth throwing your life away over a bunch of homework. Hell, I dropped out of high school for a semester, and my repercussion is staying an extra year instead of graduating this one.

I hope you find your way through whatever's going on though.

-Sean
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:04 PM   #20
SweetDarkThea

Quote:
Originally Posted by gOthIque_cHickZ
LOL@!!!!!! kiling ur self !!!! LOL!!!!! i wich i copddl kil my self!!! LOL that d be funny!@!!!!! LOL !!!!
What the fuck does that say? ^
If your going to be dumb....sure go ahead...suicide is a wonderful idea if your just going to use up MY air.
SweetDarkThea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:48 AM   #21
MrMaelstrom

Er, babe, have you noticed the date the thing was posted?

Try clicking on your UBERMOD IP address button, and I wouldn't be surprised if another member or mod uses that same address.

Almost one year later, a little flame ensues (and not even a big one at that). Wanna borrow my trusty Zippo, babe? It's faster than rubbing sticks or beating silex stones....

:P
Old 03-23-2005, 09:40 AM   #22
OnixxFilth

It's stupid to kill yourself for any reason. It's taking the coward's way out of your problems instead of sticking around to solve them or to have someone help you solve them. Besides, it's selfish, because just imagine how hurt your loved ones would be and how they're wonder if it's their fault. Would you really want to do that to someone?
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 05:06 PM   #23
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixxFilth
It's stupid to kill yourself for any reason. It's taking the coward's way out of your problems instead of sticking around to solve them or to have someone help you solve them. Besides, it's selfish, because just imagine how hurt your loved ones would be and how they're wonder if it's their fault. Would you really want to do that to someone?
Suicide is never a selfish act!It's an act of desperation.A last ditch effort to end emotional/mental pain.Please don't pass judgement on something you have no experience with.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 06:10 PM   #24
ghostposts

Yup, I can relate. With me it's bridges, especially overpasses. I'm not angry or down on myself, just there's this urge...

I think it is an act of desperation, and the people who go there are so miserable, they can't think of another out. Doesn't make it any less hurtful for those left behind. I've been on both sides of the issue, and it just plain hurts everyone.

Then the damned social stigma kicks in, at least around these parts, and it makes it damned hard to delve into the issues that motivated the act.

When I worked in a hospital we had several attempts. As an outsider, it was easier to get folks to talk and try to find a solution. When it was my own family the silence reigned. We just dealt.

My kids know they can talk to me about it. No judgements, and they can't hurt me. That way they can get the help they need. I just hope that if they are ever that unhappy I can keep self out of it and be as objective as I need to be.

I talk a good game. No telling if I can follow through. When it comes to those two kids of mine, I'm a little...shall we say, a bit over-protective?

Yeh, that's a nice way of putting it.
ghostposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:27 PM   #25
ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I wasn't flaming, I was clarifying! I was at least 90% sure this person wasn't real, but I thought I'd translate anyway.
X, gothique_chikz was me :P

Oh, and it's translated into:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Translation
Hahaha, kiling your self, hahahahaha! I wish I could kill myself! Hahaha, that would be so funny! Hahahahahaha!

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
ice is offline   Reply With Quote