Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #1
BLEED REBELION!!!

Hip Hop Dance.

I love to dance any kinda i dont care i love it so i decided to make a thread for dance.
heres a vid its pure gold.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-_qpXYBLb_c

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:51 PM   #2
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Bleed, have you given up on trying to figure out grammar? Maybe it is too difficult for you? Just a gentle jab girl, I know you can do better.
Personally, I don't care for hip-hop. Yeah, I'm an old curmudgeon stick-in-the-mud. I hear too much of it from my son everyday.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #3
MollyMac

Likewise, I can't stand it. I had to dance to hip-hop too much in my cheerlearder days. (Yes, but I was a very macabre cheerleader... ).

I cannot stand hip-hop kind of the same way I can't stand Ramen Noodles. Not saying that they are bad, but they are cheap, empty calories and they were all that sustained me for a point in my life that I'd rather forget.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
Vako

Well my n*****s don't dance, they just pull up their pants, and do the... Rockaway. Lean back... lean back... lean back...

:-P
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:13 AM   #5
BLEED REBELION!!!

No I have not given up on grammar but I was in a rush.

And yeah some rappers dont dance they just sorta do a two step.
But the vid I posted was of real dance so I stand by the fact that it was pure GOLD!!!

And yeah in the vid they dance to a aerosmith song so enjoy that.
If you dont like hip hop (break dance etc) then post whatever kinda dance you like..

Im fond of Hulla and belli dance..............

- My Boyfriend
Old 03-19-2007, 09:26 AM   #6
Vako

I like dancing to Ska.

Can't stand Hip Hop, Rap, etc.

I appreciate that you enjoy it though, and that you like it.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:39 AM   #7
Midnight_Fantasy

I love watching belly dancing, my step mum is a belly dancer and my mum wants to do it. I wish I had the confidence to do it.
Midnight_Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:57 AM   #8
IsolatedReptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
I cannot stand hip-hop kind of the same way I can't stand Ramen Noodles. Not saying that they are bad, but they are cheap, empty calories and they were all that sustained me for a point in my life that I'd rather forget.
What kind of stuff did you listen to that you couldn't remain sustained? There's more than a couple groups that have real substance to them (or at least used to). The Roots and Wu being two examples.

I'm a huge advocate of hip-hop and rap.
IsolatedReptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:40 AM   #9
Minyaliel

Ah, dance... hip hop is definitely _not_ my thing. I've been doing improvisational dance for years. Apart from that, I love jazz dance, showdance, ballet, folk dances (they're fun! Don't look at me like that!), latin dances like salsa/ flamenco/ tango etc, belly dance (I've tried, and it's just as hard as it looks *laughs*)... I think it'd be easier to make a list of what I don't like, to be honest with you.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:56 AM   #10
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsolatedReptile
Why ???
For the most part, it's trash-culture. There may be a small amount of it that has redeeming value, but even a broken clock gives the right time twice a day.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #11
Underwater Ophelia

I like some rap and hip-hop, just like I like some goth. A lot of the music is really catchy and fun to listen to. Actual quality is very song by song, but they're usually at least amusing or fun.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #12
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vako
Why ???
For the most part, it's trash-culture. There may be a small amount of it that has redeeming value, but even a broken clock gives the right time twice a day.
So what's wrong with liking that small amount with redeeming value?

The roots of hip-hop and rap are very interesting, and if you can find the real underground stuff that doesn't involve banging bitches and hos or blingin' (that's the extent of my hip-hop slang, hallelujah holla back), it's got some interesting wordplay that appeals to me, personally.

That's not to say I have ANY interest in listening to the Top 20 on MTV. That's pretty much crap. But the "real" rap, from the underground, is kind of nice.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #13
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vako
I like dancing to Ska.
o_o Do you skank? I've been meaning to learn that... sort of, but I never find the time.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #14
MollyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsolatedReptile
What kind of stuff did you listen to that you couldn't remain sustained? There's more than a couple groups that have real substance to them (or at least used to). The Roots and Wu being two examples.

I didn;t choose to listen to it, I had to. Part of the gig. It was nothin gto me but aural filler, yet not even enough to be the cream in my Twinkie.

It is nothing I could ever relate to, even the rhythms are off to me.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:52 PM   #15
Mir

I love The Roots. Wu Tang Clan's earlier work is pretty cool too. Socially redeeming music doesn't get played on the major networks, and its this crap 'top 100 music' people listen to and form opinions.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:16 PM   #16
killer_asian_Dax

Being part black and given where I grew up- I suppose some part of me was destined to like SOME hip hop. I dance/choreograph it from time to time. (yes- even that "azn" power-ranger shit)

And Ms. Mac- cheerleader "hip hop" is not REAL hip hop dancing, so don't feel so bad. But I would love to see a pic of you as a cheerleader. You have one to share?

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:30 PM   #17
BLEED REBELION!!!

Yes allot of the new and mainstream Hip Hop Rap and R&B allot of sucky but you could say the same for allot of "rock" music pretty much all genre's are getting fucked up.
And my little sister listens to the local hip hop station and I know allot of what they play. there’s some crap and some good stuff. But if I hear that effffing "This is why im hot" song one more time I will go bats hit insane. Yeah its catchy but they don’t say nothing in the whole song that’s of meaning.
But then I hear a song by naz or common (to name some more well known artists) and I have more faith in the music that this whole generation of shit can be saved and brought back to the real stuff.
But the songs about getting money and selling dope are relevant because that’s something that affects a lot of people but its annoying when every single song is about the same thing and it usually isn’t talking about how to make it better.
And then the whole Ho’s and bitches thing s all BS, its just disrespect. I mean some females are ho’s and are on the trick side of the tracks but that doesn’t give reason to call all women that.
And this thread was about dance originally not just music, because you can dance to a beat without words or you can dance to beat box. Just because a lot of the musical culture isn’t that great doesn’t mean that the dance is bad. I think Hip Hop dancers are some of the bests it takes a lot of strength and original style.
As for the culture being trashy im not sure if you meant the culture shown in the media and in music videos or the actual culture in the street around the way? Do you mean the real people or chingy and all those other fake ass wanksters?

- My Boyfriend
Old 03-21-2007, 05:55 PM   #18
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
As for the culture being trashy im not sure if you meant the culture shown in the media and in music videos or the actual culture in the street around the way? Do you mean the real people or chingy and all those other fake ass wanksters?
I just don't like it. I was referring to the bling-bling, gangsta, glorification of criminality and capital egotism, cop-hating, misogynistic trash they sling at us. If I wanted to hear about that shit I'd listen to Aggro. But I don't. Of course there is some good Rap and Hip-Hop, but not much in my point of view.

The dancing is neat though, I understand that takes alot of skill. I can respect that.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:59 PM   #19
ArtificialOne

I agree comletely with vako... but aggro isn't bad... but the kind in rap is bad... most aggro yells at a specific person for doing a bad thing to them... rap aggro or gangsta rap... jus picks on cops and white people mostl...

Oh well back to listening to my new assemblage 23 album..

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:05 PM   #20
Vako

Assemblage 23, that sounds intriguing. What kind of music is it?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:58 PM   #21
BLEED REBELION!!!

Well I can agree with misogynistic part and the bling bling shit cuz most of the gold I see around here is fake as hell I guess when you don’t have nothing you make believe that you do.
And the Gangsta glorification I could go both ways with it because there are some good gangstas out there and I feel safer walking down the street with someone that’s a bit of a thug then just some chump.
And I don’t think you should break the law just cause its “cool” or cause you can but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. A lot of laws are bullshit anyways Im gonna do what I want.
OHHHHHH were getting into cop hating now lets get into that.
Why exactly shouldn’t I dislike the cops?
It doesn’t seem like they do a lot of good.
I cant make a blanket statement and say all of them suck because all of them don’t im sure there are plenty of good cops out there that are just trying to help and do a good job and I think the cops do get demonized allot. But what I see is a whole lot of bad policing.
I don’t live in the Blue light district but it where I live was just as bad up until a couple of years ago. Now the whole areas going through gentrification. Coppin college started buying all the houses up and kicking people out. They started fining people for stupid shit so that no one could afford to live here anymore. My families owned this house since the 40’s and now they are trying to kick us out any way they can. But now ive gotten off topic cuz that isn’t the cops fault. But the cops seem to be some real ass holes they question you for no reason they come harass you for nothing. I mean we have the second highest murder rate in the country and the cops have admitted that they don’t report crimes if they don’t think they can solve them and that’s been a big issue over the past year. h
And then there’s the fucking curfew God I hate it . How the hell can they put a curfew on me I didn’t do nothing wrong but I can get arrested because I didn’t go inside at a certain time?

People ask stupid questions like “why do these kids sell drugs instead of go to school?”
What’s the fucking point of going to school when you have 40 kids to a class some old ass books, busted windows no heat in the winter no Ac in the summer etc.
And now there closing down a lot of schools and saying the school wasn’t being used to its full capacity that there were not enough kids in the school so now every one who’s school gets shut down is going to a different school that will even be more packed.
My school is a charter school and it’s a damn good school and yet the school board says that they might shut us down because they don’t think were worth the money.
If my school gets closed there is no way in hell im going to one of these other schools my zoned school is called carver and im not setting foot in there. At my current school I feel safe I feel protected and it’s a small school so were relatively family like . I love it here we actually learn something we have art and dance and music. At most of the other schools they cut gym because it was to expensive and they don’t have art or music or nothing.
I used to have straight F’s I ditched school I fought way to much I was a bad ass. But they could never fail me cuz I scored to high on the aptitude tests.
This is my first year at my school and now im on honor roll Im on the debate team im actually doing something worth while and now they are trying to take it away.
Tomorrow march 22nd im going to a protest because the state owes Baltimore city schools 8.1 billion dollars and there was a court case that said they needed to pay its been 2 years and we still haven’t gotten any money…….. Its all bull shit and if my school gets shut down I don’t know what I’ll do. I might just go for my G .E.D even if its worth less its better then dropping out, right?

Ohh yeah and did I mention how all the school water fountains were full of lead and the state knew about if for like 5 years before they did something about it. So now there are a whole bunch of kids with lead poisoning isn’t that just great.
Im sorry for ranting and raving Im sure you didn’t wanna hear about ti but I couldn’t help myself.

- My Boyfriend
Old 03-21-2007, 07:39 PM   #22
HumanePain

That's OK Bleed, I now understand why you couldn't help it. After reading everything you went through I can see why. I am also getting a little insight into the roots of some hip-hop lyrics: the sucky things you have to deal with, including the cops.

I guess my distaste for it came from my son liking it, who has never lived ghetto his entire life (I have spoiled him badly I'm afraid), but thinks he is pimp because he likes it and can break dance (He battled his way to first place on the T.V. show Dance 360, winning money clothes and an Xbox, for those who may have heard of the break dance show. He was asked to come back and was on the show three times).

Old 03-21-2007, 07:48 PM   #23
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork
o_o Do you skank? I've been meaning to learn that... sort of, but I never find the time.
Yes, it's easy to learn.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:58 PM   #24
KontanKarite

Mr. Pain, your story just bleeds irony...

At least he can dance. Plus, he may be posing the hip hop life style, but at LEAST, in accordance to what most hip hop and rap talks about, he is indeed a poser.

I dunno about you, but I'd rather have a slightly misguided poser son than a dyed in the wool gangster boy.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:07 PM   #25
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Mr. Pain, your story just bleeds irony...

At least he can dance. Plus, he may be posing the hip hop life style, but at LEAST, in accordance to what most hip hop and rap talks about, he is indeed a poser.

I dunno about you, but I'd rather have a slightly misguided poser son than a dyed in the wool gangster boy.
Yes, I agree with your druthers. Make no mistake: I am proud of him getting on to T.V. on his own without any help from me (in fact I tried to discourage his interest in Hip-Hop), and getting MORE than his 15 minutes of fame (more like 90 minutes adding up all three episodes he was on).