Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:35 PM   #1
Beneath the Shadows

Halloween

Well, this remake of the classic Halloween, directed by Rob Zombie, is due to be released in several weeks or so. What are your thoughts on this movie?

I myself am not looking forward to it. Rob Zombie has already proven that he cannot make good movies. His directorial style is a load of crap. He'd've made better movies if they were nothing more than big-breasted women in small bikinis skipping rope with intestines while people smack each other with other internal organs and throw buckets of blood left and right. But no, he had to try to be original (and failed miserably). And yet, they actually let him remake Halloween?! The only way it would be good is if he did an exact shot-for-shot remake. And if that's the case, they should've just gone over the original and cleaned up the sound and re-released it.

I do not believe that this movie is going to be good at all. I do, however, predict that it will be a mild success, what with all the fans of the original and its sequels (not to mention those die-hard Zombie fans who will see anything made by him no matter how bad it is) flocking to see it.
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:40 PM   #2
Lapin

I am not a fan of horror/gore movies at all. They cause me to jump at shadows.

Rob Zombie scares me as well. Especially his hair. I have a strong urge to take the strongest shampoo imaginable and wash it with a scrubbing pad.

It's just filthy.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:00 PM   #3
Vyvian Blackthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
I am not a fan of horror/gore movies at all. They cause me to jump at shadows.

Rob Zombie scares me as well. Especially his hair. I have a strong urge to take the strongest shampoo imaginable and wash it with a scrubbing pad.

It's just filthy.
Good goth...Really, how does his hair ''scare you?''. I am not quite a fan of Zombie, but I rather do enjoy a number of horror cinema. Generally people shut it off because they see it as 'gross' yet have only seen like 3 horror films. Not discovering any value to literature nor art in any.

Oh, please don't take that to insult you. I just don't see much sense in it, really. There's, in fact, much more to horror than just 'Gore Scream boobs' to which it's unfortuanetly stereotyped as. I will admit, that there's a certain amount of people in the fanbase that are in fact babbling idiots. Ever seen Nosferatu: the Vampyre? Beggoten? Flaming Creatures? Inovaction of my Demon Brother?

Those are i.e.s of intelligent horror cinema. That and basically anything from David Cronenberg.

Halloween, I must say, I am a fan of the original. I am not too sure how approved I am of the remake. I'll have to see it first; but at least Zombie is a better alternative then Eli Freakin' Roth. Ugh.

Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Old 08-13-2007, 11:38 PM   #4
Cicero

I'm actually really looking forward to Rob Zombie's version of Halloween. His work in film has been awesome... I think I heard somewhere that "he's got to make up for White Zombie somehow!", and I agree, haha.

I enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses, and despite seeing it many years ago still remember it to this day. Then again I absolutely love horror, going right back to German expressionism (Nosferatu, etc).

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:55 AM   #5
Porphyria

I'm not seeing how Halloween can be made any stupider than it already is, so I guess Zombie deserves a chance. I liked The Devil's Rejects, but I wasn't fond of House of 1000 Corpses.
Porphyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:06 AM   #6
Vyvian Blackthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
I'm actually really looking forward to Rob Zombie's version of Halloween. His work in film has been awesome... I think I heard somewhere that "he's got to make up for White Zombie somehow!", and I agree, haha.

I enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses, and despite seeing it many years ago still remember it to this day. Then again I absolutely love horror, going right back to German expressionism (Nosferatu, etc).
GERMAN EXPRESSIONISM! That's lovely stuff. Horror cinema art.

Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Old 08-14-2007, 09:35 AM   #7
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin

It's just filthy.
I LOVE! his hair...it's so God damn awesome!

I think i'm the only person I know who does like it.