Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:44 PM   #1
EternalResolve

Hooray For Introductions. Yeah.

Okay so hi. I'm just this guy, you know? And I'm gonna answer those questions now. Thanks for caring, or for not caring and just being that damn bored, as the case may be.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Let's see, I play video games, I read almost perpetually (when not playing video games...Obviously), I love to drive, work out on one of those almost-consistent basises (that is definitely not a word), martial arts (don't ask what style, I don't believe in dedicating yourself to one established method), and at the moment I'm looking for a new job until I decide to get off my lazy ass and go back to school. Ah yes and question four reminded me, I'm a movie fanatic. Yes I know, a fanatic who forgets it is ridiculous, but wouldn't that be what makes them so fanatical? Thinking it's normal?

2. Where are you from?
North Carolina, USA. It sucks. Ask anyone who lives here.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Tough call. Neil Gaiman wrote my favorite book, American Gods, but I wouldn't say he's my favorite author really. Stephen King wrote The Dark tower, which is my favorite series but again, I'd not say he's my favorite. Honestly, I have no clue. I've never really thought about it, I guess.

4. What are your favorite films?
The Boondock Saints, Versus, Wasabi, Pulp Fiction, Memento, and Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang. Just sort of naming what comes to mind, I don't really have favorite movies. I just sit down and watch them. I also liked Grindhouse.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Assuming I ever ask anyone to marry me, I think it'd be hilarious if after I kissed the bride, "Ding Dong Song" by Gunther and The Sunshine Girls started playing. My current girlfriend would kill me, and I think most any sane woman would as well, but it sure is fun to think about.

6. At your funeral?
"Ecstasy" by ATB. Then just throw in some Diary of Dreams for proper funeral bleakness and yay.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
By being killed after "Ding Dong Song" starts playing at my wedding! Okay so not really. I don't really care how I die. I just hope it happens before lack of control over my body sets in, and as long as it's not by being boiled alive.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Cremation man. There's also a humorous story there, for another day.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I have this old pair of combat boots I like, a pair of faded dark gray pants, a sleeveless a-shirt, and a thin, see-through almost immaterial overshirt. I generally wear it out to bars, or when I got to play DDR, since it provides excellent mobility and breathes well. Depending on the temperature, I may or may not tie my hair back with a piece of shoestring.
Also, no I don't play DDR in combat boots. I keep a second pair of lightweight shoes in my car, just in case.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
I grew up in the middle of a medium-sized city and our house had a deck in the back yard. I always enjoyed going out there between twilight and complete sunset to listen to the highway that was only half a mile away. I think I miss the way that made me feel more than anything.

11. What's your favorite band?
The favorite questions are making me feel indecisive. Once again, I don't think I have one. I'll cover some of my more prominent ones though. Diary of Dreams, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Soilwork, Alice in Chains, Testament, Ozzy, Moonspell. That's all I feel like thinking of....

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Highschool graduate, some college. My major was, and most likely will still be Psychology when I go back.

13. Why did you join?
I just felt like it.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Male. It was already given away, but I wanted to answer another one.
EternalResolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
Umbrellacake

American Gods is one of my favorite books. :3

Welcome to the club.
Umbrellacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:10 PM   #3
HellforgedX

You ROCK! \m/ !! I also read. Everything. All the time.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
Wormboy

Welcome good sir, and I hope you enjoy your stay

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:17 PM   #5
killer_asian_Dax

OHMYGOD YAAAAAAA for introductions!

(^^that's why you should cut soda out of your diet^^)

And while I cared enough to start reading your intro, I didn't care to read all of it. So really, I only got past part of the first answer. But welcome anyway. Enjoy your stay and damn you to all hell if you're a troll.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:29 AM   #6
EternalResolve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellforgedX
You ROCK! \m/ !! I also read. Everything. All the time.
I do indeed attempt to rock. Some people say I succeed, others not so much.

For everyone else (even the person who got bored and stopped reading!) thanks for the nice welcome, and No, I'm not a troll. I get way too annoyed by it to be able to pull it off. I'd get annoyed with myself and end up owning myself in a massive flame war, and then you guys just wouldn't talk to me because you'd think I was schizophrenic or something.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:27 AM   #7
delicti

Welcome to g-net. And thanks for actually taking the time to do the survey. :-)
Old 08-15-2007, 11:03 AM   #8
Porphyria

Yay. I'm not the only dork who answered the questions without being told to.

Where in NC are you? I grew up in Asheville. I wouldn't say it sucks... not compared to most of the other places I've lived.
Porphyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:53 AM   #9
EternalResolve

I live in Greensboro, pretty much in the middle of the state. I think the main problem I have with it is the hospital I was born in is currently 25 minutes away, and that's the farthest I've ever lived from it.

I'm just bored with this small town.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #10
Aaroneet

Welcome to Gnet.