Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 08-28-2007, 10:25 AM   #1
††BlackRose††

Zeitgeist

I was told to watch this movie about a possible one world government. It was such a good movie, but if you are a devout Christian the first part may offend you. This guy questions every single thing about our society.

Part 1: This part explains what the story of Jesus really meant and he is saying that Jesus wasn't a person, he is a symbol of something related to astrology.

Part 2: This part explains all the things that the government has done and also explains the usual Twin Tower conspiracy theory.

Part 3: In this part, he explains the role of the bank in our society, plans of having chips in us, and finally the idea of a one world government.

I found this very interesting so check it out. The thing is that there was this thing that happened where the president of America, the prime minister of Canada, and the president of Mexico had a meeting in which they discussed opening up the borders which they did. The meeting was so secretive that no one knows what they were discussing. Could this proove the theory of a one world government to be true?

Here's the link: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
††BlackRose†† is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:20 PM   #2
Zenit

And then nobody talked about it? WTF?

"Nutrizone can kiss my pale, decayed ass"
-Draconysius
Zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:26 PM   #3
JCC

It's meant to be bullshit. The 9/11 conspiracy puts me off anyway, but the rest of it is meant to be bullshit too.

Plus, people name their children after astrological things all the time, names have to start somewhere. I'm an Atheist, and I don't think that Jesus ever existed because the original editions of the bible don't contain him, but the astrology argument is ridiculous.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
ZyklonB

Movies like that always smell of bullshit to me. Zietgeist, Loose Change, if they were so powerful, the creators of the movies would be dead before then even got released, much less kept out on the internet. At least my view.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #5
Drake Dun

I'm surprised at the claim that it was *meant* to be bullshit, but I do think you have to take it with a small mountain of salt (or how about a pillar?). Excellent production value, though. The bit at the end with the eyes and the spiel about people being powerful and beautiful made my heart leap.

I always find videos like this a little bit frustrating, since ironically they tend to obscure the very issues they are trying to bring to the light. Some of that stuff about the Federal Reserve, for example, was true. And there are aspects of 9/11 and certain events since which do not add up.

When you play it fast and loose like in Zeitgeist or Loose Change, all you do is feed ammunition to the other side. Anybody trying to ask questions becomes ridiculous by association.

Of course, if you're a conspiracy theorist, you just turn this around by saying that the films are false flag jobs.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:02 PM   #6
ArtificialOne

Oh god Drake... tell me your not in the Rosey Odonnel steel doesn't melt conspiracy are you?

The only 9/11 conspiracy that's true is that too many bureaucrats have been sitting on their asses too long and not doing their jobs. If at least one or two were then it wouldn't have happened.

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial

Last edited by ArtificialOne; 01-18-2008 at 09:03 PM. Reason: spelling
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:26 AM   #7
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialOne
Oh god Drake... tell me your not in the Rosey Odonnel steel doesn't melt conspiracy are you?
I'm not. I just think that among all of the mostly spurious issues the conspiracy theorists raise, there are one or two genuine eyebrown raisers. Certainly nothing that adds up to 9/11 being an action of the United States government, if that's what O'Donnel's team is all about.

Drake
Old 01-19-2008, 08:34 AM   #8
DepthsofSpace

I found the movie to be a bore and the 9/11 junk was bad, I've seen much better.

I'd suggest the late-Aaron Russo's America: Freedom to Fascism and Alex Jones' Police State series (Martial Law 9/11: Rise of the Police State; Police State 2000; Police State: The Takeover)

Watch with an open mind and skim over the 9.11/Illuminati/NWO conspiracy theories, and just watch for the facts.

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:43 AM   #9
Drake Dun

I think Alex Jones has to be taken with however much salt is left in the bag after Zeitgeist...

Drake
Old 01-19-2008, 08:50 AM   #10
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
I think Alex Jones has to be taken with however much salt is left in the bag after Zeitgeist...

Drake
Agreed to a point. He presents the attitudes of the State well, as well as some events, then piles on the BS conspiracy junk.

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote