Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:04 AM   #1
ShadowCrow

New Kid on the Block

Evening,

I've read the forums for a while, but recently decided it was time to sign up and maybe even make a post or two in threads that interest me. As so many others I will use the template presented in the sticky to give you a bit of insight into who I am.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I work with computers (techie) in the healthcare / hospital-buisness. In my spare time I am a voluntary officer in the army and I work with event-security at concerts and festivals.

2. Where are you from?
I live in a town close to Gothenburg, Sweden.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Should I write Poe and all those just to be "tr00 goth"? Nah, I'll go with Andy McNab and Tom Clancy. When I was a bit younger I read a lot. Sometimes one or two books per week, but with age comes daytime job, overtime, the army and what not so nowadays, I hardly read at all, I miss it.

4. What are your favorite films?
The movie about the australian criminal Mark "Chopper" Reed called "Chopper" is one of the best movies I've seen. I also (like so many others) enjoy movies like Natural Born Killers and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I do not believe in marriage to be honest. It's an ancient and severly outdated religious tradition that offers no real advantages, but should I happen to be "shotgun" wed why not play some Elend or Poets of the Fall!

6. At your funeral?
Portals of Light by the band Falconer is a nice song on the theme of death. At the funeral of one of my best friends two years ago they played With a Little Help from my Friends by The Beatles, and I think I would like that one also. Also, the song Evidence by Katatonia.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Not that I (personally) think that goth is so much about death, but seeing as I have the hobbies I have, I think a bullet or a knife would be my way. Delivered by someone else ofcourse, suicide is not my cup of tea. I enjoy being alive and kicking too much.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
A black one with silver ornaments / handles. I've always thought that looked nice. I've never understood the deal about having a white coffin.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I am seriously "un-gothy" most of the time, due to practical reasons. When I DJ or go clubbing it is another thing completely though. 80% of my clothes come from 5.11 (look it up if you're interested) the rest is random "subcultural" clothing. All black, all the time.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Digging trenches and "bomb-shelters" in the forest, bicycling around stealing apples and fruit from peoples gardens.

11. What's your favorite band?
I have a very wide taste in music. I enjoy everything from the classic goth stuff (SoM, Bauhaus and such), blackmetal, progressive metal, industrial stuff, EBM, darkwave etc. I DJ heavy EBM (Suicide Commando, Hocico, Amduscia etc) so naturally I listen a lot to that kind of music also.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Hmm. I skipped most classes back in school in favor of sitting around talking with my friends in a local café, so my grades were beyond lousy. I had about 50% attendance the last year, yet I managed not to get kicked out. I've always managed to find jobs I like without having the needed papers though. Somehow...

13. Why did you join?
Because I want to check this place out and see what people around this part of the internet talks about. I am always in the mood to get new tips about clothes and other gothy parafernalia and also in discovering new music and bands to enjoy late nights when the rain is pouring down outside my windows...

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
*Peers at his avatar* I'd have to say male. Around 25 years of age... About 2 meters tall and a 100 kilos.

How's that for pancakes?
ShadowCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #2
Romantic Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCrow
2. Where are you from?
I live in a town close to Gothenburg, Sweden.
Wow, how Goth is that?

Oh, and welcome to the boards!
"I have cultivated my hysteria with delight and terror. Now I suffer continually from vertigo, and today, 23rd of January, 1862, I have received a singular warning, I have felt the wind of the wing of madness pass over me." - Charles Baudelaire
Romantic Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
delicti

Well, it's good to see an EBM DJ giving a nod to the classics. There really isn't enough of that anywhere.

Welcome to the boards, perhaps we'll talk in the music forums.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:37 PM   #4
Underwater Ophelia

Eh, not giving me a good impression.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:22 PM   #5
Cyntrox

Another one from the cold north? Welcome. How are your polar bears?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #6
ShadowCrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Eh, not giving me a good impression.
Well, I can't please everyone. Who knows, maybe you'll hate me from the first time you read this thread and to the end of days, or you'll warm up. Maybe I am sort of an ... aquired taste. Who knows.

Quote:
Another one from the cold north? Welcome. How are your polar bears?
Last I head we had them situated into simulated natural habitats surrounded by barbed wire and landmines, together with the DD-blondes and the penguins. I think it's safe to say that Sweden is under control and outbreaks will be handled with explicit blunt-force trauma...

*Nods*
ShadowCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:38 PM   #7
NachtSorcier

I like this one. Welcome.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #8
Reikikuro

You sound cool to me. Welcome.
Reikikuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #9
Aaroneet

Welcome to Gnet .
Old 09-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #10
Ishkabibble

Welcome to the boards, ShadowCrow!
Please, do post more than once or twice, I think you'll survive here long enough to do so.