Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 09:08 AM   #1
Slit_Wrists

Thumbs down Split Personality

Hey All
I have been here once before but now i am under a new name. i also have a problem! i have a split personality and i cant seem to control her and was wondering if anyone had any ideas. my name is Catrina but everyone calls me Nina and my split personality's name is Shara, she is a year older then me and i met her when i was 12, i was a very depress child and didn't have meny friends. my life has not been kind to me or have most of the people in it beside my wonderful bf of the current moment! his a jem! and i love him to bits. if you have any ideas on how to control shara please let me know! she went to sleep inside my mind for 2 years about a year ago but then awakened just as i met justin, my bf, she's not a nice girl, she like to hurt people, (not just me or justin but also my friends) she would kill someone if i let her but i cant. also she smokes and drinks and i do neither! i love black and call myself a dress goth and she hates it. she hurts me when i do something she dont like. this may sound weird or stupid but it's all true! every now and then if i'm lucky she'll go away on a trip, and lately she has done it a lot, so far she's been to the snow and the beach and from the last trip so far she hasnt returned. but as bad as she maybe i dont want to be rid of her i just want to be able to control her, when she comes out it's like i'm locked into a small black room with no windows and with one door without a door handle and when she wants to leave, i wake up, it's like going to sleep and sometimes i dont even know she comes out coz it just feels like i fell asleep! i wish i knew what to do about her! any ideas and email me please!

Slit_Wrists
Old 10-26-2005, 09:21 AM   #2
NightwishCobain

My uncle had a rather split personality, he thought he was a bannana! lol Sorry i couldn't resist
Old 10-26-2005, 10:44 AM   #3
Disfunction

Have you seen any medical professionals about this particular "issue"? If not, that would be the first step. Secondly, if you don't like her, why not be rid of her? Thirdly, this is not the proper place to introduce yourself.

Finally,

*sighs*

...don't smother your kids."
Old 10-26-2005, 10:52 AM   #4
Disfunction

Quote:
Yes, and no. One of the reasons for the decision by the psychiatric community to change the disorder's name from Multiple Personality Disorder to Dissociative Identity Disorder is that "multiple personalities" is somewhat of a misleading term. A person diagnosed with DID feels as if she has within her two or more entities, or personality states, each with its own independent way of relating, perceiving, thinking, and remembering about herself and her life. If two or more of these entities take control of the person's behavior at a given time, a diagnosis of DID can be made. These entities previously were often called "personalities," even though the term did not accurately reflect the common definition of the word as the total aspect of our psychological makeup. Other terms often used by therapists and survivors to describe these entities are: "alternate personalities," "alters," "parts," "states of consciousness," "ego states," and "identities." It is important to keep in mind that although these alternate states may appear to be very different, they are all manifestations of a single person.
So, it's not actually a personality "split" so much as it's just an alternate manifestation of yourself, but hey, that just makes it more complex.

Old 10-26-2005, 02:26 PM   #5
AlKilyu

Huh.

Something seems familiar about this...
Old 10-26-2005, 03:02 PM   #6
Disfunction

Also... lol @ this being under "Spooky News"

Someone needs to delete this thread.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:00 PM   #7
edible_eye

three things -

1.) split personality disorder, or multiple personality disorder is crap. lump it in with a need for attention and a purported excuse to get away with acting badly. take away the word "split" and you're left with the true problem - personality disorder.

2.) al - what's in 3 days?

3.) dis - i agree. delete this shit.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:09 PM   #8
rockandrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
My curiosity clock is beginning to tick!

I'm not a medical expert, but this person who supposedly has a split personality doesn't seem to come across to be very realistic. That's just my own thought.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:14 PM   #9
Bride_Of_Satan

Location: Blyth, UK - its a weird place but I was born and bred here so I've got to love it.
Unhappy

My friend used to have the "Smeagol/Gollum" type of split personality. What was happening was she was depressed and she tried to talk to her mind to see what she really was depressed about. She told me this voice started talking to her, telling her to pick up the razor blades and put them to her wrists and that would make everything better. I told her whenever she felt like that she had to tell herself "I'm Crystal" (Replace Crystal with name). It was a weird couple of months for her but she soon started getting herself back.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:54 PM   #10
keeper of the night

Hey I know how you feel. Great minds think alike.lol
Old 10-28-2005, 02:01 AM   #11
Demonista_Ravenesque

Fuck you slit wrists....This thread is fucking pointless and VERY OFFENSIVE towards me...Introduce yourself somewhere else and keep in mind that they're people who actually have mental disorders, not just something random used to get attention...

Delete this thread....fucking hell....

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Old 10-28-2005, 06:43 AM   #12
NightwishCobain

lol they did say that now they were under a new name
Old 10-29-2005, 11:21 PM   #13
Phayte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonista_Ravenesque
Fuck you slit wrists....This thread is fucking pointless and VERY OFFENSIVE towards me...Introduce yourself somewhere else and keep in mind that they're people who actually have mental disorders, not just something random used to get attention...

Delete this thread....fucking hell....
I totally agree. Someone faking a mental disorder is just fucked up. It's very insulting to people who have real problems. It's people like this that make doctors think people with real problems are faking it.

Slit- If you need attention that badly I suggest getting off the computer and maybe try making some friends in real life. Or just go see a shrink. Either way do something productive to help yourself.

~Phayte
Old 10-30-2005, 12:03 PM   #14
STEIN

I also feel insulted. These people should just kill themselves or, get out of society.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:46 AM   #15
mortalitas incomitatus

Can We Not Tell People To Kill Themselves Even In Jest.
I FIND THAT OFFENSIVE.

this person does sound like an attention whore but if she is sooo deperate for some sort of contact prahaps we should be a little more compassionate. it might take someting small (such as telling her to kill herself) to push her over to edge. has no one ever delt with someone with a mental illness??? you dont say stupid things like that to them, if you cant be supportive (or at least pretend to be) then dont fucking say anything at all.

does anyone know who she used to log on as???

btw go introduce yourself S_W

and if you really do have a problem you need to seek help, especially if you are aware of it which i am not so sure about as in most personality disorders the person is unaware it the problem and usually just complains of blackouts.

GET HELP IF YOU ARE SERIOUS.

*another eliter*
Old 11-01-2005, 08:48 AM   #16
flawed-mentality

if shara is coming out at certain times do what you can to pervent those kinds of times from haping like if she comes out during stressful times do somthing to manage your stress dont worry your among friends your friend flawed-mentality
Old 11-01-2005, 11:46 AM   #17
polished_wolf_claws

I would say something snide, yet informative of my standing on this topic.... but i have kitten sleeping on my other arm...... willl post later ^^

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
Old 11-01-2005, 11:59 AM   #18
polished_wolf_claws

*Kitten Moved now, we're good to go*

I agree that suicide isn't something to fuck with... but if their gonna do it, they do it. I have a very strick standard for killing ones self. Cowardly for the more part. Martyrs excluded for the more part (Cuz I don't think some martyrs really were martyrs)

and also being aperson who suffered a Schizophrenic MPD deviance, I know that It can suck... but the whole killing herself is bullshit.... what would "shara" get from killing her host!?! She would know better, especially if she is a conscious Personality. fuck off. Unless you are something special *WHich is not likely, seeing you put your fucking name as Slit_Wrists* your a fuckin attention whore.

Suicide is very fucking rude to joke about. Mental disorders is really fucking rude to fuck around with. Murder/violence is something really rude to fuck with.

I say if, SLit_wrists, you really are suffering from this: go get help. Its not fucking hard. jsut go talk to a psychiatrist.

.....and If your just another Spooky Kid who wants to Get all the Goths to fucking to pay attention to you: Go get fucked.

*I Mean no offense to M_I or anyone else, their beliefs or to disregard/insult their intellegence/ opinions.... and I am realy sorry If I do...... but I've seen far too many people in RL that pull this shit all the time and I am frankly sick of this.*

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
Old 11-02-2005, 09:55 AM   #19
edible_eye

i see this (the psychiatric world in all its glory) daily. and the worst part are the wanna-do-good-but-have-no-backbone psychiatrists, who feed into peoples' contentions that they have ridiculous problems like multiple personalities and treat it as though it's an actual disorder, rather than challenging their patients when they start down silly avenues such as this.

there are plenty of legitimate psychiatric disorders, ones requiring treatment and it should be the primary goal of psychiatrists to weed out the bullshit instead of lumping it all together as though EVERYTHING coming out of someone's mouth is worthy of consideration. stupid people say and do stupid shit, end of story. manipulative people thrive on manipulation and those with personality disorders, by-and-large, are a manipulative bunch. some become easily bored and feel they have to up the ante, portray themselves as someone "extra-special" - and what's more special than having multiple personalities, all with their own psychiatric disorder - in order to garner extra attention are nothing more than sociopathic attention whores, like shitheads who come to the hopspital complaining of chest pain just so they can be surrounded by a team of people working to "save" tham..

eat my ass.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:42 AM   #20
Slit_Wrists

the way i see it people if you dont like the fucking topic dont fucking write geez and i'm not out to get all the "goths" attention at fucking all, i have seeked help and alls they wanted to do was lock me up, i dont know about you but i find having someone else in my mind spooky but hey it's only my opioin and if you dont like get fucked!

also thanx Bride_Of_Satan for you thoughts! at lest someone gives a shit!

the friendly girly
S_W
Old 11-03-2005, 08:52 AM   #21
NyQuil of Doom

Aww, and here I thought being in Spooky News that this would be an -interesting- thread.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:58 AM   #22
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slit_Wrists
the way i see it people if you dont like the fucking topic dont fucking write geez and i'm not out to get all the "goths" attention at fucking all, i have seeked help and alls they wanted to do was lock me up, i dont know about you but i find having someone else in my mind spooky but hey it's only my opioin and if you dont like get fucked!

the friendly girly
S_W
Listen, I approached this as diplomatically as expected.

Being "locked up" isn't permanent. It's probably a much better solution than going onto web forums and telling people that you want help but that you don't want help.

It's like saying that you want to have sex, but you don't want to run the risk of getting an STD.

If you want to be treated with respect, behave respectably. 'nough said.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:06 AM   #23
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slit_Wrists

the friendly girly
S_W
hahaha. so, was this slit_wrists writing or shara?

pay attention to me, dammit because i don't want attention. oh, the drama...
Old 11-03-2005, 03:01 PM   #24
edible_eye

another mental midget exhales a brain fart...

feel better with all that pressure gone?
Old 11-09-2005, 04:47 AM   #25
Slit_Wrists

none of you seem to understand, yes i have seeked help and they have told me that they would lock me up for 10-15 years to make sure i was sane enough to be releaced back into the community, i felt like an animal! i came here in seek of insight and all but seems to me that all's you lot want to do is bag other people! yeah so what i complain so what, so i have someone else living in my mind day in and day out SO WHAT, i thought you people would give me a chance and have some "GOOD" advice but no, all's i get is bag bag bag, well guess what i guess i gave this site and the people too much trust and good thought and i just guess i expected more from here, thats all but you lot are just wasting my time like most of the shitty GOTHICAL site in this shit filled world!

may return....dunno
ME
Closed Thread