Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:41 PM   #1
Rorschach Twin

Saw IV

Are you kidding me? Seriously, they're milking it even more, and they're making two more?
Rorschach Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
Underwater Ophelia

Yeah...the first was good, the second was pushing it, and the third SUCKED. It fucking SUCKED.

This can only bring more stupidity.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
Depravity

I'm a huge fan of all three Saw movies, though the way I like to look at them is not as three movies but as ONE movie, in three parts. They all fit together so nice and neat, like pieces of a puzzle if you will. After Saw 3 I sat back and was pleased at how they wrapped things up. Then I heard they were making a 4th and I thought "Why? The ending was perfect as it was? Why are they doing this?" Then I heard the premise of 4 and despite myself my interest was piqued. So yeah I'm going to check it out. ^_^;; Heheh.
Depravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:56 PM   #4
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I saw the second and third ones. The second one was alright, but the third one was terrible. Absolutely terrible. And now they're just pushing it too far. It seems like they're going way too far with this whole thing.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:23 PM   #5
Depravity

Just got back from seeing Saw IV and I will admit I was skeptical going into it. I wasn't sure they could pull off a fourth with the same style and flair and sheer diabolic pizazz as the first three movie. I was worried how they could even make a fourth with how they ended three.

I must say that I am 100% pleasantly surprised and satisfied with IV. It was written well, filmed well and best of all it fit seemlessly with the first three movies. This movie will adorn my shelves as soon as it hits DVD.
Depravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:48 AM   #6
KontanKarite

I can't watch it. It's not my favorite depiction of violence.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:34 AM   #7
Rorschach Twin

In my opinion, Saw is turning into every other horror movie series. The first one is good, and the following ones steadily decrease, because they are made for the sole purpose of making money. There are clear directorial differences between the first and second; the first is more about plot, and the second is about violence (with plot coming second.) The first one would have been a good way to end the series, but no production company could leave a jackpot like that alone.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #8
Green.Lady

The first was a psychological masterpiece of a movie, and quite original, and it would have become a classic and respected as such if they hadn't kept making more...
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #9
Godslayer Jillian

Fourteen months later:

So, who's seen Saw 9 already?

*spoilers warning!*
It sucked!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:35 PM   #10
Rorschach Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Fourteen months later:

So, who's seen Saw 9 already?

*spoilers warning!*
It sucked!
And the sad thing is, they're probably going to get to a ninth one.

Argh I hate series being milked

*cough* Halloween, Nightmare On Elm Street, Friday the Thirteenth, Saw, Hellraiser, Child's Play, Alien, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Exorcist, Phantasm, Poltergeist, The Living Dead Series, Urban Legend *cough*
Old 10-31-2007, 09:32 AM   #11
CptSternn

...or even worse - Saw 11 - Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. yer man from Saw...
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:38 AM   #12
MaverickZero

I liked the story to this one. It COULD have been done in the third, considering it coincides WITH the third one. I don't know where they have to go from here however...
MaverickZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:28 PM   #13
Rorschach Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickZero
I liked the story to this one. It COULD have been done in the third, considering it coincides WITH the third one. I don't know where they have to go from here however...
My guess is that somebody obsessed with him is going to take up his job as punishing people for the things they do. Oh yeah, and it's going to suck.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:05 PM   #14
Cicero

I actually really like the Saw movies. They're better than most of the other 'horror' shit being released these days, and they're certainly not short of interesting death scenes (drowning in a stew of dead pigs anyone?).

Plus I like thinking about what I'd do in all the various 'games' >_>

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:11 PM   #15
Rorschach Twin

They are much better than most modern horror movies, I will say that. But they're turning into every series. I mean look at all the movies that have copied them; Hostel, Turistas among others. I mean, sure, the movies raised the bar, but all they're doing now is going back to the same low level as other horror movies without plots.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:06 PM   #16
Cen0bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach Twin
And the sad thing is, they're probably going to get to a ninth one.

Argh I hate series being milked

*cough* Halloween, Nightmare On Elm Street, Friday the Thirteenth, Saw, Hellraiser, Child's Play, Alien, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Exorcist, Phantasm, Poltergeist, The Living Dead Series, Urban Legend *cough*
i am a HUGE Hellraiser fan..mostly because of pinhead, frank, and julia. i will admit though, after the first 2, it all just sucked! the 3rd was alright. well, i did like the Deader one. but i really think that clive should've just stuck with the first 2.

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:08 AM   #17
CptSternn

Saw 4 just plain sucked. The plot sucked, the storyline was full of holes, the various machines in this one were pathetic at best, and the gore level left much to be desired.

Everyone in the movie was about dumb as a rock. I think they should have stopped at 2.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:15 PM   #18
Rorschach Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Saw 4 just plain sucked. The plot sucked, the storyline was full of holes, the various machines in this one were pathetic at best, and the gore level left much to be desired.

Everyone in the movie was about dumb as a rock. I think they should have stopped at 2.
It's highly unlikely for them to stop until they have at least 10, I think.

ha, I think it's funny that all they advertise on the website are Horrorfest, Hoste II, and Saw IV
Old 12-06-2007, 03:00 AM   #19
drewsilla

I REALLY didn't want to see this movie, but the husband did, so I went along for the ride.

It sucked ass. The death scenes were so lame, I don't think they were even trying anymore! I give it a -15.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:09 PM   #20
Rorschach Twin

That's what I heard from a friend; The death scenes weren't even entertaining, and completely predictable.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #21
Dead Blue Grind

I honestly don't care how many they make, as long as when it's all done they release it as one big box set I can buy. I've never cared much for the story. I just find it intresting to see the new ways they kill people.
Dead Blue Grind is offline   Reply With Quote