Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #1
Tam Li Hua

Type O Negative and 'Christian Woman'

One of the bands I've been considering lately is Type O Negative. I'm pretty picky about my music, but I rather liked the guy's deep voice. [I can't think of his name at the moment.]

I especially liked the way Christian Woman sounded. But, this morning I saw the vid, and felt that the idea of corrupting a 'pure, Christian' woman was a bit cliche. Plus, dude looked like The Highlander, which is fine...but still felt a bit over-done.

So, this afternoon I decided to look up some interviews, and found one of the main singer and the drummer on Toazted.com.

After hearing his story and how he's worked to get drugs and alcohol out of his life...and how he doesn't want his fans to fall into the same pit...I have to say I have a lot of respect for him as a person.

I'm looking forward to studying their new album when it comes out. [Unless it's already out..?]

Anyways, I just wanted some other opinons on this band, the members, the music, etc.
Tam Li Hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
Rorschach Twin

I take a liking to their music. The atmospheres are dense and creepy, and like you said, Peter Steele has a very cool voice. The only album I have is World Coming Down, which is decent, but I know they have better.

Their most recent album is called Dead Again and was released in March of 2007.
Rorschach Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:55 PM   #3
Cicero

I really like Type O Negative.

Not just for how awesome the music sounds, or indeed Pete's voice, but for how they don't take themselves seriously. I fucking love that.

Favourite songs: Too Late (Frozen), My Girlfriend's Girlfriend, Everything Dies, and heaps of others I can't think of right now. I haven't properly listened to Type O in waaaay too long...

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #4
wonderland

It's out...was released on my birthday, actually. They're my favorite band, in large part because Peter Steele's voice is amazing. If you haven't already, watch the video for I Don't Wanna Be Me, it'll make you giggle.

If you like the general sound of Christian Woman, check out Black No. 1, Green Man, Love You To Death, September Sun, or Bloody Kisses. If you like his voice, go for Nettie, Be My Druidess, or These Three Things.
wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderland
It's out...was released on my birthday, actually. They're my favorite band, in large part because Peter Steele's voice is amazing. If you haven't already, watch the video for I Don't Wanna Be Me, it'll make you giggle.

If you like the general sound of Christian Woman, check out Black No. 1, Green Man, Love You To Death, September Sun, or Bloody Kisses. If you like his voice, go for Nettie, Be My Druidess, or These Three Things.
I like both the general sound and his voice in particular. It's a rare person that has a voice -that- deep, and I find it rather hypnotizing.

It's freaky how he can roll his eyes back in his head like that, though.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:36 PM   #6
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
I really like Type O Negative.

Not just for how awesome the music sounds, or indeed Pete's voice, but for how they don't take themselves seriously. I fucking love that.

Favourite songs: Too Late (Frozen), My Girlfriend's Girlfriend, Everything Dies, and heaps of others I can't think of right now. I haven't properly listened to Type O in waaaay too long...
Heh. Amen to that! I think that must be why they've lasted so long as a band; they don't seem caught up in the whole popularity thing, which has -got- to be easy to do..
Old 11-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #7
Tam Li Hua

Quote:

Ah cool! I couldn't tell from the interview, and by the time I thought of the question, it was too late to look it up on t3h Internetz.

I might not mind owning it.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #8
molochai

Dead Again isn't too bad especially these three things and fairwell to britain, the album is a little faster then some of the other ones, with more black sabbath type riffs
molochai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:19 AM   #9
Valrys

Quote:
If you haven't already, watch the video for I Don't Wanna Be Me, it'll make you giggle.
Thas has to be one of my favourite videos of all time.
Anyone who likes Type O must see that video, without fail.
Valrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:11 PM   #10
wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai
Dead Again isn't too bad especially these three things and fairwell to britain, the album is a little faster then some of the other ones, with more black sabbath type riffs
They do seem to be getting progressively faster. Life is Killing Me was just a little bit harder than their previous releases, and Dead Again kicks it up another notch. I'm liking it though, one of the very few bands I've actually followed through a change like that.

Perhaps it's Steele getting back to his Carnivore roots?
wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote