Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 11-11-2005, 08:13 PM   #1
Draygorn

Legacy of Kain Series

Tell me you all have this series on PS1 and PS2. I fucking love it! Simon Templeton and Michael Bell were the perfect choices to play Kain and Raziel, respectively.
Draygorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:25 PM   #2
TheKorovaMilkbar

Every game.

I love it as well. Definitely my favorite games. Who played the Benefactor/God again? Jay something? He has the coolest voice.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:21 PM   #3
secretboy

An ex of mine worked on those games.

I haven't touched 'em as a result. Bad memories.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:14 PM   #4
spartan-117

without a doubt....blood omen 2 was obviously the highlight of the series. Kain's such a bad ass mo fo!...he laughs menacingly as he slaughters restrained humans, and not to mention drinking the blood of his sleighn enemies from a far distance!
spartan-117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:25 PM   #5
TheKorovaMilkbar

Sure, whatever gets you up. A more intelligent person would have said they liked the complexity of the storyline, but... Whatever, no judgements here.

And secretboy I'm really sorry to hear that. It really seems that you would most certainly enjoy it. I understand your position though.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:05 PM   #6
Demon Eyes

I enjoyed the series it was very good, and the storyline was well thought up, but the only thing that the game lacked was replay value, i mean you'd play it once and finish it. There wasn't really any extras to unlock or new powers, not much really. But it was still a great series and is in my top 25 most loved games.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:03 PM   #7
Dr. Faust

Do you have any cheat threads for the series?
Dr. Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 07:28 PM   #8
TheKorovaMilkbar

No, but I definitely have a lot of cheats if you want me to post them. I especially have some badass ones for the first game in the Soul Reaver series. (including the Kain reaver, which is black and red.)
Old 12-04-2005, 05:05 AM   #9
talon

Soul Reaver is the only Legacy of Kain game that I've played but it is awesome. Only I never owned it so I never figuered out how to finish it. I did however get the soul reaver. That was so cool!
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:55 PM   #10
Danag

Personally, I loved the plotlines, but the gameplay for most of the games were terrible. I think Soul Reaver was the only game in the series that had a gameplay that didn't piss me off. :/

Blood Omen: Hated that EVERYTHING had to load for like. Two minutes.
Blood Omen 2: Too hard.
Soul Reaver 2: I didn't like the fact that you couldn't save whenever you wanted to.

I haven't played Defiance yet.
Danag is offline   Reply With Quote