Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-01-2005, 07:35 PM   #26
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
If you really want it pierced, then have fun, honey!

Tell us all about it (well, maybe just me), when you do!
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:52 PM   #27
Flirting_With_Suicide

Location: In the darkest corner,of your darkest thought,is were you will find me and you will find your self..
I have a question. Like were is a good place to get like back earings. and one more thing but like u know those ear rings i dont know what they are called but like they are circle and they are eather one or two colors but like were would u fund them and do u need to get your ears streched for those??
Flirting_With_Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:00 PM   #28
NyQuil of Doom

^ I'd think you could get good earrings at any reputable piercer, and they'd also know if you need to stretch the holes for the rings. A lot of stores like Spencers also sell body jewelry and earrings, or you could check an online source such as www.tribalectic.com where they have a lot of information on piercing care, and also a rather good selection of products they sell.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:19 PM   #29
mlwlildevil

speaking of the " *cough* " peircing.. what is that like? I've been looking things up on it and some say healing is any where from a week to two months.. and does anyone know where to get the rings for that specific peircing?
mlwlildevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:47 PM   #30
Spazik

Yeah, I'll get started on that shit when I get my bracelet off and let you know how it all goes. Thanks Panther!
Spazik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 12:16 AM   #31
AlKilyu

AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:47 AM   #32
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star of Blight

As it stands right now I've got nine, two in the ear, eyebrows, tongue, labret, nipp's and navel. Not totaly sure where I want to get the next one, though I do want another one. I've been leaning towards getting my right ear done to match the left, or getting my septum.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments?
I vote for the Chocolate Starfish!!!!

You would NEVER have to search for something interesting to talk about again!!

Plus if you did it right, you could 'Turtle' in new and different ways, out of several different holes, instead of just ONE!

Think of how PROUD we would all be!
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:59 AM   #33
Spazik

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu

AAAAHHHH!!!!!!

I fucking hate Jackass.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:24 PM   #34
Metatron

When you say 'dermal punching', are you referring to being pierced with a hollow needle?
Metatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 06:31 PM   #35
Blushing Heliophobe

It's easier to explain dermal punching if regular piercing is explained first.

For a regular piercing, a tri-bevel needle would be used. It cuts a V through the flesh, and pushes it aside for the jewelry to slip through. The pressure from all that flesh pushing on the jewelry puts pressure on the severed blood vessels, keeping you from bleeding out.

Traditional piercing does not remove any tissue, that's why jewelry the same size as the needle can be used and it will suficiently staunch the bleeding.

Dermal punches are actually what doctors use to take biopsy samples. They remove an entire circular area of tissue. Pretty cool, if you wanna take out a big hunk of flesh quick.

Here are the problems inherent with improper use, though.

Problem number one. If an inexperienced piercer is using a punch, they may cause you to bleed out. A larger piece of jewelry must be used to displace the flesh that the punch cuts out. Otherwise, no pressure will be put on the cut tissue.

Or, jewelry too big cut be put in, causing a blow out (keloid). These are painful, and sometimes permanant.

Problem number two. If you are planning to stretch the piercing, it may be safer to go with traditional piercing because that doesn't displace flesh. If you have big ole plugs but no skin underneath to hold it up, eventually, it may break. Then, you will have a nasty problem.

Problem number three. This may not matter to many people, but it's a relatively new method, and illegal in many states. These reasons make it a lot harder to get a piercer who knows what (s)he's doing. Many want to do 'extreme' piercing for street cred or portfolios...not to discredit the profession...but sometimes, unfortunately, it happens.

I think it's safer to go with traditional piercing and slowly, safely, stretch. And by the way, I agree with Panther - if you stretch too quickly, you will earn yourself keloids and scar tissue. Keloids sometimes have to be cut out. A safe rule is a gauge a month. If you're not sure, for heaven's sake ask a proffessional to help you out, they'll be able to tell if you're ready or not...
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:55 AM   #36
Spazik

Yeah I wanna do dermal punchings on the cartilage even though it hurts like a bitch I'm told. Can I get the lobes regular pierced at eights?
Old 09-06-2005, 12:20 PM   #37
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star of Blight

I'm thinking about getting a new hole put in my body.

As it stands right now I've got nine, two in the ear, eyebrows, tongue, labret, nipp's and navel. Not totaly sure where I want to get the next one, though I do want another one. I've been leaning towards getting my right ear done to match the left, or getting my septum.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
I vote for the Chocolate Starfish!!!!

You would NEVER have to search for something interesting to talk about again!!

Plus if you did it right, you could 'Turtle' in new and different ways, out of several different holes, instead of just ONE!

Think of how PROUD we would all be!
No one liked my suggestion..

What?

Dude, that idea has some serious Merit with a capital M !

Last edited by Empty_Purple_Stars; 09-06-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:38 PM   #38
Metatron

I've talked to several local piercers about this before, because I've had the same questions. ALL piercings should be done with a hollow needle because it reduces the chances of blowout and getting an infection. Getting your lobes pierced with an 8G needle is just fine and dandy - most piercers recommend getting pierced with a hollow 8G needle if you're going to stretch your ear. I wouldn't, however, recommend getting your helix (I'm assuming that's what part of your ear you mean when you say "Cartilage") with an 8G. The biggest I would recommend is a 10G for a couple reasons: A. It bleeds like a bitch, and the bigger the hole the longer it will bleed. I don't mean for a couple hours after the piercing's done. I mean for days or weeks. B. It WILL NOT close up. That hunk of flesh you've taken out of your ear doesn't grow back if you get it pierced with a big enough needle. As for a limit on piercings, I'd say it wouldn't be a problem. I had an industrial, my inner conch, and two on my lobes pierced all on my left ear, all in one sitting. It all depends where and how many. If you were to get two parallel industrials going across your ear, that might be a problem because they're both in the way of each other. It would be a hassle to clean, and a hassle to pierce the other one without irritating it. What a long post...post any questions you might have.
Metatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 01:12 AM   #39
~My_Dark_Evil_Romance~

wow i got 2 peircings on my ears each lol i wanna do my nose and my eyebrow when im the right age...

please some one send me a PM to tell me is the eyebrow hurts!
~My_Dark_Evil_Romance~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:48 PM   #40
Raven SilverWolf

Piercings

Hey everyone, I just pierced my nipples and stretched my ears within the pasted 2 days, I was wondering if i did anymore piercings, would it slow my healing process or anything else of that sort?
Raven SilverWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:23 PM   #41
Raven SilverWolf

Hey since no one is responding to my thread ill ask here.i just pierced my nipples and stretched my ears within the passed 2 days.will adding more holes to my body slow my healing process?im hoping to add my 12th piercing soon.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:28 PM   #42
Raven SilverWolf

Piercing questions and tips

Hey i was wondering, what is the best way to create a home piercing kit?ive allways used proxcide, a needle and jewelry. any tips or suggestions?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:21 PM   #43
soggypicklemuncher

Well, you should find something other than peroxide to disinfect your piercings. It's too harsh on healing tissue, and can even damage new tissue growth.

You only see what you want to believe
When you creep from the back
I got tricks up my sleeve
24/7 the devil's best friend
It makes no difference
It's all the same in the end

-"Same in the End" by Sublime
soggypicklemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 01:30 PM   #44
Raven SilverWolf

i only use proxcide the first time i clean my piercings.otherwise i use rubbing alchohal.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:32 PM   #45
blood_fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven SilverWolf
i only use proxcide the first time i clean my piercings.otherwise i use rubbing alchohal.
Ouch, may I suggest sea salt. Its much easier on the piercing. As other have said BME is great, and you can find lots of answers to questions or advice on methods to use.
blood_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:15 PM   #46
Saturnine

does anyone have their bridge done? im looking to get it done but im not sure what to expect... i havent ever seen anyone with it done in real life, so yeah, i figured i would ask you nice peoples.
Saturnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 11:16 AM   #47
~Fallen Forever~

Gettting it done professionally where you live? I don't know... I got mine done in Idaho (Boise to be exact) and it costed $20.
~Fallen Forever~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 01:53 PM   #48
GoThiC_GurL

ear piercing

you cant get that in one sitting. You have to get a stretcher for your ear and work with it until it is to the width you want it. They can make it a little bit bigger then the normal ones but not too big.
GoThiC_GurL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:23 AM   #49
katsumy

Well the cost depends on the place. I paid $20 for 2 piercings in the ear lobe at a "general piercing store".
could come true some day soon...

* Katsumy *
katsumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:33 PM   #50
outofstepthreat

ok so i know this probably wasn't one of my smartest choices, but i pierced my septum today. i used one of those piercing earing studs with a spike at the end, and surprisingly, it didn't hurt at all..not even now. question is, would it be better if i guaged it to a 14 or leave it at the gauge it's at now..which is like..an 18?
outofstepthreat is offline   Reply With Quote