Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 07-09-2006, 09:50 AM   #1
LadyTsepish

Alice

Has anyone played the video game Alice? Apparently they're making a movie based on it with Sarah Michelle Gellar.
LadyTsepish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
Azura Mistryl

I loved the game! It was great! of course that could just be the little game-newb talking, but I really enjoyed it. I don't play a lot of games because i find them rather dull and pointless but this one was amazing!

And I hope they don't screw up the movie.
Azura Mistryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
Miss Cogs

You should have titled it "American McGee's Alice" because that's its true name.

But yes I have heard and played and own the game and I do enjoy it. I espcially enjoy the music and is mostly the reason why I play the game not to mention the great story line and voice acting.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the movie depsite that they have Geller playing Alice. I honestly thought they could have done better on their part of casting. I hope they don't screw it up either. Typically video games are ruined by the movie counterparts. Bloodrayne and DOOM are fine examples, along with many more.
Miss Cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #4
Clockwork

I'll get my hopes up once the damn thing escapes the clutches of Development Hell.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #5
blackwater1110

Yeah, I played this game! It was awesome! Plenty of wierd, creepy moments. I found it to be actually a lot harder than expected, especially the final boss. I'm not holding my breath for the movie, however.
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #6
Freyia

the game is awesome!
I actually went out and purchased the soundtrack i enjoyed it so much.
falling asleep with it playing gives you some real odd dreams.
the movie, I will go see, but I am not holding my breath.
Freyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:46 AM   #7
drewsilla

I also own the game, and is one of my PC faves. I was excited to find out they were making a movie untill I found out who was to be Alice. There's plenty of people in Hollywood, why SMG? I'll watch it, but the whole time I'll be sitting there there thinking, "Oh look. Buffy is talking to the Cheshire Cat. That sure is a fucked up looking cat. Wonder if Buffy is going to stake it?"

Then I'll have to smack myself.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:54 PM   #8
Miss Cogs

Remember, Tim Burton is also doing a version of Alice and I doubt SMG will be in it. So if this one fails, then we'll have hopes for Burton's version. But I'm not so sure if Burton's version will be based off the game or not.
Miss Cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #9
Godslayer Jillian

It will have music by McGee's friend Marilyn Manson, while Manson makes a movie about Carrol himself.
I don't know if that's a good thing, though.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote